2K24: Miami Marlins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
    The Marlins grapevine is pretty hot right now that they are about to make a trade for Bryan Reynolds.
    Interesting - one of those young pitchers going the other way?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
      So....rumor has been for a decent while that the Pirates have been asking for Max Meyer in a Reynolds deal. One of my first thoughts when Jeter left was that the front office must have decided they are willing to pay that price and Jeter wasnt (or vice versa) - as the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
        Marlins need to move some pitching for bats, and I'm sure the Pirates have a really good idea of how the Marlins value those arms after the Stallings trade.

I'm guessing Eury Perez and Max Meyer would be off the table for Reynolds, but maybe Sixto or Eder could headline with other pieces.
        Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

So....rumor has been for a decent while that the Pirates have been asking for Max Meyer in a Reynolds deal. One of my first thoughts when Jeter left was that the front office must have decided they are willing to pay that price and Jeter wasnt (or vice versa) - as the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back.
          I wonder if the development of Eder and Perez gives them the flexibility to deal Meyer.
          Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Proverbial straws are a lot than paper ones.

Comment

I don't think something like this would be enough to get Jeter to leave plus I don't think this trade is happening.

Comment

• Originally posted by mgwiz22 View Post
                I don't think something like this would be enough to get Jeter to leave plus I don't think this trade is happening.
                No there has been a lot of acrimony between Jeter and Sherman, just suggesting that a decision like this may have pushed it over the top.

Comment

• all the MIA pitchers are really good. I know they have a big major league stadium but what is the size of the minor league ones? if they are big too is that helping their development?

I held onto Sixto all year and just didn't want to drop him. I am disappointed to hear he is still recovering. Alcantara is even better. everything but wins. reliable. fucking stud. future first rd fantasy pick

Comment

• Originally posted by nullnor View Post
                    all the MIA pitchers are really good. I know they have a big major league stadium but what is the size of the minor league ones? if they are big too is that helping their development?

I held onto Sixto all year and just didn't want to drop him. I am disappointed to hear he is still recovering. Alcantara is even better. everything but wins. reliable. fucking stud. future first rd fantasy pick
                    I traded for Sixto 4-5 years ago and actually got him cheap as a throw-in. But, I'm getting tired of carrying that dead weight every year. Anyone have any idea if he will be ready this year? I can carry him as a rookie and not count against my auction dollars, but I also have 5 rookies I'd like to protect, too.
                    Bearin' up!

Comment

• Originally posted by scottw View Post
                      I traded for Sixto 4-5 years ago and actually got him cheap as a throw-in. But, I'm getting tired of carrying that dead weight every year. Anyone have any idea if he will be ready this year? I can carry him as a rookie and not count against my auction dollars, but I also have 5 rookies I'd like to protect, too.
                      I can say with a fair amount of certainty that he wont pitch until September earliest

Comment

I can say with a fair amount of certainty that he wont pitch until September earliest
                        That may well put me over the hump regarding keeping him another year. What gives you that certainty, if I may ask? Not to be combative, just trying to make the best decision I can.
                        Thanks for the input!
                        Scottw
                        Bearin' up!

Comment

• Originally posted by scottw View Post
                          That may well put me over the hump regarding keeping him another year. What gives you that certainty, if I may ask? Not to be combative, just trying to make the best decision I can.
                          Thanks for the input!
                          Scottw
                          Him being "shut down" with continuing discomfort in the right shoulder that already had surgery on this offseason after sitting out the entire 21 season...after not rehabbing with the team due to the lockout...after the team traded JT Realmuto to get him...all logic points to a very long and slow rehab and rebuilding of strength. Sure he could come back in Late July or August but they will assuredly have the kid gloves on and not let him throw more than 75 pitches at one time.

Either way, it wont be until September until they turn him loose, if at all. Just my opinion based on all the logic above.

Comment

Him being "shut down" with continuing discomfort in the right shoulder that already had surgery on this offseason after sitting out the entire 21 season...after not rehabbing with the team due to the lockout...after the team traded JT Realmuto to get him...all logic points to a very long and slow rehab and rebuilding of strength. Sure he could come back in Late July or August but they will assuredly have the kid gloves on and not let him throw more than 75 pitches at one time.

Either way, it wont be until September until they turn him loose, if at all. Just my opinion based on all the logic above.

Your logic is all good! It's probably the time to finally cut him loose and hope for better days. Thanks.
                            Bearin' up!

Comment

• I enjoyed GITH's pre-opening day overview of the Padres...so as the only true Marlins fan around here (I guess), gotta represent! Maybe it will start a trend. Go adopt a team! (Ken's Rangers preview coming right up?)

C: Stallings. They acquired Stallings for Zach Thompson and a couple of prospects expressly because of his gold glove and pitch calling/framing. Jorge Alfaro was just so damn bad at this that they HAD to do something or risk wasting such great talent on the mound. Figure on him hitting 7th or 8th consistently and to get as many starts as his body can handle. Backups: Three very green guys with a year or less of experience. Payton Henry (acquired at the trade deadline last season for John Curtiss) seems to have the most hitting promise, as well as Alex Jackson (also acquired at the deadline from the Braves for Adam Duvall) and Nick Fortes. Two of these will likely be at AAA. Astudillo might figure in here as well.

1B: Aguilar and Cooper will form a rotation, with the other generally playing DH. Cooper is a very underrated hitter who just cant seem to stay healthy, so DH might just make him into everything we've hoped he can be for several years now. Barring multiple injuries, I dont see prospect Lewin Diaz sniffing the majors this season.

2B: Jazz. Boy I hope and pray he doesnt strike out 200 times. There's a danger of him batting 9th I think...then again he could break out and be hitting top or second. Tough to predict from that standpoint. Berti is a pure backup.

3B: Wendle. Miami traded a pretty decent prospect for Wendle in Kameron Misner, and I would be shocked if he isnt the majority 3B, with Brian Anderson spelling the DH tandem and Wendle at times. Anderson will also fit into the corner OF mix. As much as a guy like Anderson doesnt seem like a super utility type, I think that's how Miami will use him. He is another guy who always seems injured, so I think they will try and take it easy on him.

SS: Rojas. He (and Aguilar to a lesser extent) is the leader and the heart of this squad. I can see him leading off or batting ninth. Great defense. Really good at getting on base and clutch hitting.

Corner OF: Soler and Avi Garcia. Here's you heart of the order and two guys the Marlins really paid up for in free agency. Only an injury or a quick breather is keeping them off the field. Astudillo might figure in here as a backup as well.

CF: uh boy. I really hope this works out with Jesus Sanchez at CF, because they are going to try it, and he is the best hitting option. They have experimented with Garcia and Anderson in CF this spring, and Garcia just looked like a disaster. They just cut Delino Deshields and informed Roman Quinn he didnt make the roster. Maybe Berti can play there, but as of now last year's surprise Bryan De La Cruz was sent to AAA. Everyone has their fingers crossed on this one.

SP: Alcantara, Rogers, Lopez, Hernandez and Luzardo will open the year. I would expect Lopez to be unable to put in a full season of innings due to his shoulder. In that case, you are looking at Edward Cabrera first man up, with Braxton Garrett close behind. Both have a ton of pedigree and hype, as does Max Meyer.

RP: So I'm going to go on record that I think Bender is still the guy (for now), despite the trade for Sulser and Scott from Baltimore. I also think the trade was indicative that Floro is going to take longer to debut in 2022 than it sounded all spring (just a little behind my ass). Scott, Bleier and Okert are all OK LHP. Just keep the damn ball away from Anthony Bass when it matters.

Comment

• Thanks for this! As a owner of multiple shares of De La Cruz, I hope to see him back up sometime soon. Bender was an offseason grab at a buck so I hope you're right. Thanks again!
                                If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                                Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                                X