2K24: Texas Rangers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
    I think he meant lack of minor league depth in the Rangers system.
    That would be a really odd take, that's why I asked the question. The original statement didn't really make sense - while they have a lack of top end, they are known right now as one of the deepest farm systems in baseball (before the trade)

They are likely going to have a roster crunch trying to fit all their prospects on the 40 man this winter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
      That would be a really odd take, that's why I asked the question. The original statement didn't really make sense - while they have a lack of top end, they are known right now as one of the deepest farm systems in baseball (before the trade)
      So quantity not quality?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
        So quantity not quality?
        Correct. Jung and Winn are good prospects, but after that there's a long list that are very similar - 45-50 FV guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
          I think he meant lack of minor league depth in the Rangers system.
          Correct.

Originally posted by Ken View Post

They are likely going to have a roster crunch trying to fit all their prospects on the 40 man this winter.
          I agree somewhat with this assessment, which is why I hedged the original statement with a "seems to be." That said, they brought a lot of their farm talent up, so they may feel the need to restock.

Originally posted by Ken View Post
          Correct. Jung and Winn are good prospects, but after that there's a long list that are very similar - 45-50 FV guys.
          Maybe a bit of both. Duran is probably right behind Jung and Winn and a full year younger than Jung. Hauver definitely fits your group, and not high in it, but he's also 22.

Smith and Otto are what I meant by depth. They're older should be good minor league pitchers with a chance at making the Show, but nothing exciting.

J
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
            Correct.

I agree somewhat with this assessment, which is why I hedged the original statement with a "seems to be." That said, they brought a lot of their farm talent up, so they may feel the need to restock.

Maybe a bit of both. Duran is probably right behind Jung and Winn and a full year younger than Jung. Hauver definitely fits your group, and not high in it, but he's also 22.

Smith and Otto are what I meant by depth. They're older should be good minor league pitchers with a chance at making the Show, but nothing exciting.

J
            The really confusing part is that they added depth to a farm system that was based on depth with a lack of high end. They needed that top end prospect, they didn't need to add 5 or 6 more of the same thing. The 40 man is going to be a problem for them and they are going to end up giving back the depth gains (hence Hans Crouse leaving in a deal where they were selling).

Comment

• The Rangers DFA David Dahl.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• They must have had much higher hopes for Dahl.

J
                Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                  They must have had much higher hopes for Dahl.

J
                  Me too! But I traded him as part of a deal for a $2A Kirilloff back on 5/6.

Comment

• Which team has the worst record since the AS break? Has to be the Orioles, right? Wrong. It's Texas. With tonite's loss, they are 9-28 (even w the 19-game losing streak, Baltimore is 12-25. Nats also are 12-25. Cubs are 12-27). Yanks are best at 28-9, pending the result of tonite's game. Milwaukee is best in the NL at 25-11.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
                      Which team has the worst record since the AS break? Has to be the Orioles, right? Wrong. It's Texas. With tonite's loss, they are 9-28 (even w the 19-game losing streak, Baltimore is 12-25. Nats also are 12-25. Cubs are 12-27). Yanks are best at 28-9, pending the result of tonite's game. Milwaukee is best in the NL at 25-11.
                      Brewers, Dodgers, Giants, Braves all within a half game for best NL record since the break.
                      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Did anybody see Otto pitch last night? Is he worth picking up?

Comment

• RW reports that Rangers have signed Corey Seager to a 10-year, $325 million contract. Semien, Gray, now Seager. Rangers are going for it!

All these signings but this is the first post in this thread for 3 months. Apparently no Rangers fans in RJ.

Comment

RW reports that Rangers have signed Corey Seager to a 10-year, $325 million contract. Semien, Gray, now Seager. Rangers are going for it!

All these signings but this is the first post in this thread for 3 months. Apparently no Rangers fans in RJ.
                            meh, not a complete lack of fans, but definitely a lack of interest in a terrible team lately. It's looking better now

Comment

RW reports that Rangers have signed Corey Seager to a 10-year, $325 million contract. Semien, Gray, now Seager. Rangers are going for it!

This reminds me of the ARod contract. I hope Seager doesn't get traded to the Yankees after 3 years.
                              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                                This reminds me of the ARod contract. I hope Seager doesn't get traded to the Yankees after 3 years.
                                It might not be a bad idea to get the next 3-4 years out of him and trade the rest of the years elsewhere.

Comment

Working...
                                X