No announcement yet.

2K24: Texas Rangers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Rangers place SS Elvis Andrus on the 10-day IL with a lower back strain.

The Rangers place OF Willie Calhoun on the 10-day IL with a strained left hamstring.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Rangers manager Chris Woodward confirmed Saturday that INF/OF Danny Santana (elbow) will not return this season.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
        Rangers manager Chris Woodward confirmed Saturday that INF/OF Danny Santana (elbow) will not return this season.
        Danny Santana underwent major surgery Wednesday on his right elbow.

It was a form of Tommy John surgery, but with an internal brace inserted into the elbow instead of a human tendon. Santana is expected to be sidelined for the next 7-8 months.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• The Rangers place SS Elvis Andrus on the 10-day IL with a back strain.

The Rangers call up 3B Sherten Apostel from their alternate training site. The 21-year-old Apostel batted .251/.339/.440 with 19 home runs in 121 games last season between Low-A and High-A ball.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• The Rangers announced that they have acquired OF Marcus Smith and IF Dustin Harris as the two players to be named in the Aug. 31 trade to Oakland involving SP Mike Minor.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Smith is a decent glove/speed prospect. He doesn't really look the part, which I find encouraging. Stocky but fast players tend to surprise in many sports. Harris looks the part of a 1B/DH, but at least he bats left. Both are really young, so this is the sort of dice roll you expect with a PTBN.

J
              Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• This is interesting. Hadn't realized he won a GG at 3B:

Evan Grant of the Dallas Morning News reports that the Rangers plan to have Isiah Kiner-Falefa replace Elvis Andrus as the team's starting shortstop next season.
                It's a big decision, though not completely out of left field given that the team was looking toward the future late in the 2020 season. Of course, Kiner-Falefa just won his first Gold Glove Award for his defense at third base. This would be a new test for him, though the Rangers could keep their options open with a talented field of shortstops hitting free agency next offseason. Moving off third base would also open the door for prospect Josh Jung to make his debut at some point in 2021. As for the 32-year-old Andrus, he still has two years and $24 million remaining on his contract. It's going to be tough to trade him unless the Rangers kick in some cash and a deal would also require Andrus' approval. He might end up as a very expensive backup infielder.

RELATED: Elvis Andrus, Josh Jung
                SOURCE: Dallas Morning News
                Dec 1, 2020, 2:41 PM ET

Comment

• I was surprised that IKF won the GG over Matt Chapman. I understood that he was good, but not that good. It's surprising, because his defense was not a big point in his prospect writeup. In any event, Elvis has had chronic back issues. OF will stress it less.

IKF will be SS eligible in most formats in 2021. His early ADP is in the 300s. Will this impact that at all?

J
                  Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                    I was surprised that IKF won the GG over Matt Chapman. I understood that he was good, but not that good. It's surprising, because his defense was not a big point in his prospect writeup. In any event, Elvis has had chronic back issues. OF will stress it less.
                    Strange I've always thought of him as a glove first guy based on his prospect writeups. His offense was always written up as a potential, late developing asset.

2018 writeup:
                    Kiner-Falefa is definitely a glove first guy, but he puts the ball in play a good bit and runs the bases well. He is extremely versatile defensively and will more than likely be eligible to roster at multiple positions should he find himself in the big leagues.

Texas Rangers Top 50 Prospects for 2018 2017 was a bit of a disappointment for the Texas Rangers as they played below their projected record. The club was coming off of back to back AL West titles and although they weren’t the favorites to win the division entering the season, many considered them

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                    IKF will be SS eligible in most formats in 2021. His early ADP is in the 300s. Will this impact that at all?

J
                    I really don't think his position should impact him much. Honestly IKF's value is going to lie in whether you trust the small sample, not in his position. He isn't going to give you much power at all, the hope is that he keeps a decent average and gives you some steals. But it's a volatile profile, if the avg dips he's replacement level.
                    Last edited by Ken; 12-04-2020, 10:54 AM.

Comment

• The Rangers have hired former pitcher Chris Young as their new GM.

Jon Daniels had been the team's president of baseball operations and GM but will now drop the GM from his title. Interestingly, one of Daniels' first moves as Texas' GM was trading Young along with Adrian Gonzalez to the Padres back in 2006. Young had been in the running for the Mets' GM gig, but he removed himself from consideration to take the Rangers' job, in part because he lives in Dallas. The Princeton grad was most recently employed by Major League Baseball as an executive.
                      (Source: John Blake on Twitter)

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                        The Rangers have hired former pitcher Chris Young as their new GM.

Jon Daniels had been the team's president of baseball operations and GM but will now drop the GM from his title. Interestingly, one of Daniels' first moves as Texas' GM was trading Young along with Adrian Gonzalez to the Padres back in 2006. Young had been in the running for the Mets' GM gig, but he removed himself from consideration to take the Rangers' job, in part because he lives in Dallas. The Princeton grad was most recently employed by Major League Baseball as an executive.
                        (Source: John Blake on Twitter)
                        As a Rangers fan I really like this move. I liked JD for a long time but he hasn't been able to work out this latest rebuild. Time for new ideas, and Young was an up and coming talent.

Comment

• Nice move by the Rangers. Maybe their talent acquisition will improve.

J
                          Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

• Posted in the offseason transactions thread. The Rangers have been busy.

J
                            Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

• Jonathan Hernandez has a low-grade UCL sprain and will be shut down for at least the next four weeks. GM Chris Young said ominously "I'm hopeful and optimistic he will be back at some point this season," which is always a bad sign.

Comment

• Bad sign indeed. Likely gives Leclerc a longer leash but also makes Joely Rodriguez an interesting spec play even if he's a lefty.

Comment

Working...
                                X