• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Rangers were +6000 to win the World Series in the pre-season

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post

You sir are a saint and a scholar.
      Well, there's no chance my Phils pull this out tonight, so I figured at least one of us should be happy.
      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post

Well, there's no chance my Phils pull this out tonight, so I figured at least one of us should be happy.
        Hmmn.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Congrats to the Rangers and all their fans here at RJ!
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• The Rangers blow through three rounds of playoffs 9-3 and outscore the opponents 69-41.

For those with SABR interest, the Pythagorean win expectation is 73.9% while 9-3 is 75%. That's 119-win pace against teams averaging 97 wins.

DAYum.
            Last edited by onejayhawk; 10-25-2023, 08:40 PM.
            Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• How big is the Adolis Legend going to get?

He's starting to stack postseason records. He has a HR streak of 5 games, the most HR, and the most RBI in postseason history, with at least three games to play. That does not even deal with the drama of a grand slam and an extra-inning walk-off HR. The only things that come to mind are Joe Carter's series-ender and Reggie's three-HR game.
              Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

• Amazing, I’ve been waiting over 40 years for this day. What a team, what a season.

Comment

• Congrats Rangers fans, and congrats to my alma mater's first WS champions -- Travis Jankowski & bullpen catcher Patrick Cantwell!

Comment

Not all that surprising, they are extremely streaky and the pitching staff is in shambles - both the starters (injured) and the bullpen (more likely to blow a save than convert one 33-30). They backed into the playoffs and wont last long there. If you watched the Rangers play over the last couple months, this is no surprise.
                    I refused to admit it until now, but the anti-jinx worked.

I did not believe that the Rangers were going to win until that last strike. As a Rangers fan, we got to the last strike twice in 2011 and we can finally breathe again now. Whew..

Comment

Amazing, I’ve been waiting over 40 years for this day. What a team, what a season.
                      Congrats! Feels good don't it.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                        That's quite a Murderer's Row the Rangers have now: Choo, Fielder, Beltre, Rios. Toss in Andrus, Profar and L. Martin, and that's some lineup they've got.
                        From page 1 and 2013.

If the Cubs can win, anyone can win.

That said, this team looks a bit like a dynasty that is just gelling. Adolis Garcia goes down and they barely broke stride. The depth on offense is amazing but they also play outstanding defense--2nd in MLB in fielding percentage while six players are Gold Glove finalists. If they get better-than-average starting pitching in 2024, with a solid bullpen, they should challenge for 100 wins.
                        Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                          From page 1 and 2013.

If the Cubs can win, anyone can win.

That said, this team looks a bit like a dynasty that is just gelling. Adolis Garcia goes down and they barely broke stride. The depth on offense is amazing but they also play outstanding defense--2nd in MLB in fielding percentage while six players are Gold Glove finalists. If they get better-than-average starting pitching in 2024, with a solid bullpen, they should challenge for 100 wins.
                          I dont see a dynasty at all. I see a good team w significant question marks (like everybody else) that got hot at the right time.

Comment

• Congrats to all Rangers fans. They weren't my pick to win it all in the preseason or the start of the postseason, but the team was built to succeed in the postseason by management, and the players delivered. I totally get not believing it until it was done--that is usually the way it is with firsts. A heck of a season!

Comment

Amazing, I’ve been waiting over 40 years for this day. What a team, what a season.
                              Congrats. I am so glad my anit-anti-jink didn't jink it all.
                              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post

I dont see a dynasty at all. I see a good team w significant question marks (like everybody else) that got hot at the right time.
                                Semien is the old man of the batting lineup at 33. Garcia, Seager, Lowe, and Heim are 28-30. Jung and Taveras are 25. Carter is 21 and Wyatt Langford is 22. The hitting looks pretty good for the foreseeable future. It's the pitching that needs work.

Counting Evan Carter, how would you rank their farm system for the next two seasons?
                                Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Working...
                                X