No announcement yet.

2K24: Texas Rangers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As someone who may or may not finally buy a stock outside of retirement portfolios with funds because the Braves are publicly traded, I would have to theoretically go against that one. Too much money and it needs to be saved for the Acuna contract.

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
      As someone who may or may not finally buy a stock outside of retirement portfolios with funds because the Braves are publicly traded, I would have to theoretically go against that one. Too much money and it needs to be saved for the Acuna contract.
      I own Acuna and I ain't trading him for less than twice his value.

J
      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
        I own Acuna and I ain't trading him for less than twice his value.

J
        I own Acuna and I ain't trading him either.

Comment

• I picked up Acuna at the reserve draft (our minors guys go then) in 2017, before his minor-league breakout, and our rules require everyone to go back into the auction after seven years, so he will be available to others in 2024.

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
            I picked up Acuna at the reserve draft (our minors guys go then) in 2017, before his minor-league breakout, and our rules require everyone to go back into the auction after seven years, so he will be available to others in 2024.
            That's a cheap trick.

Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

• Danny Santana, age 28, a journeyman utility player is getting regular time as Rougned Odor's replacement. In 2014 he had a fairly good season for the Twins, hitting .319, 70 R, 20 SB. He should get 2B and MI certification within a week at a 5 GS standard. Defensively, he plays several positions adequately. As a hitter, he has a solid hit tool and has shown some speed.

Worth watching in deep leagues.

J
              Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

• Joey Gallo is hitting .281 and second in the AL in OPS and RBI.
                In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
                  Joey Gallo is hitting .281 and second in the AL in OPS and RBI.
                  He hit the first sacrifice fly of his career today which is unbelievable considering the amount of fly balls he hits

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                    He hit the first sacrifice fly of his career today which is unbelievable considering the amount of fly balls he hits
                    I would have lost a bet on that. Hardly seems possible.

Comment

• anything anyone can add to Delino DeShields would be appreciated good and bad that you see. i need him in my FA league. but if he looks bad i need to know. obviously for sb. but i can only tolerate so much BA. he has a good BB to K, i think. ..wanna root for him.

Comment

• Is there ANY reason to hold onto Odor at this point? I really don't want to keep him, but don't want to drop him and watch some other team pick the bum up and reap a month of him going off. he is on my bench right now.
                        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                          Is there ANY reason to hold onto Odor at this point? I really don't want to keep him, but don't want to drop him and watch some other team pick the bum up and reap a month of him going off. he is on my bench right now.
                          For a solid month last season he was the best player in baseball. Drop him at your own peril!

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                            For a solid month last season he was the best player in baseball. Drop him at your own peril!
                            So we have to guess which month!
                            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                              So we have to guess which month!
                              Send him a nice handwritten letter and maybe he'll tell you!

Comment

• This is the 3rd year in a row that he's been terrible in April. If you drafted him and didn't expect that, then go ahead and drop him.

Comment

Working...
                                X