2K24: Texas Rangers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
    This is the 3rd year in a row that he's been terrible in April. If you drafted him and didn't expect that, then go ahead and drop him.
    So he will always suck in April? Anyone know why this is that case? Next year we should expect him to suck in April?

Do his underlying metrics indicate a turnaround soon?
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
      So he will always suck in April? Anyone know why this is that case? Next year we should expect him to suck in April?
      I don't know, what does your 30 years of fantasy experience tell you about these type players? There's always been slow starters.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post

Do his underlying metrics indicate a turnaround soon?
        Ryne Sandberg started out bad every April. He was pretty good.

Comment

• Gallo was just intentionally walked with 2 outs and a runner on third
          he then stole 2nd

after he hit a home run earlier in the game

and this
          https://www.mlb.com/news/joey-gallo-...h-career-homer

"Gallo also hit the century mark in home runs before reaching it in singles (93), becoming the first player in MLB history to accomplish that feat."

Anyone want to guess what the second lowest total of singles is when the batter reaches 100 hrs?

woo woo

Comment

• My top guesses would be Ryan Howard, Khris Davis, Dave Kingman, and Cecil Fielder

Kingman? Maybe?
            Last edited by Ken; 05-08-2019, 02:17 PM.

Comment

• Darn, I had 2 of the top 5, but I missed the correct answer by 8 singles. So close!

Comment

• We've been discussing the *start* to player's careers, how Gallo hit 100 HR and just 93 singles. The closest to that had 172 (I wont give the name away, read the article swampdragon linked if interested).

But that's not a close comparison. 93 vs 172, Gallo is clearly a completely different hitter than we've ever seen to START a career.

But what if we looked the other way. The *last* 100 HRs of a career. Gallo, obviously has 93 singles over that range.

Another player had just 81. Any guesses? (won't necessarily be any article to look this up in, I ran the analysis myself)

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                  We've been discussing the *start* to player's careers, how Gallo hit 100 HR and just 93 singles. The closest to that had 172 (I wont give the name away, read the article swampdragon linked if interested).

But that's not a close comparison. 93 vs 172, Gallo is clearly a completely different hitter than we've ever seen to START a career.

But what if we looked the other way. The *last* 100 HRs of a career. Gallo, obviously has 93 singles over that range.

Another player had just 81. Any guesses? (won't necessarily be any article to look this up in, I ran the analysis myself)
                  not sure yet but I am guessing he also zero stolen bases during those last 100 home runs

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                    not sure yet but I am guessing he also zero stolen bases during those last 100 home runs
                    You are off, but only by 1 surprising steal.

Comment

• Delino DeShields DeMoted

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                        Delino DeShields
                        No, that was a terrible guess. He doesn't even have 20 HR, much less 100.

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                          Gallo was just intentionally walked with 2 outs and a runner on third
                          he then stole 2nd

after he hit a home run earlier in the game

and this
                          https://www.mlb.com/news/joey-gallo-...h-career-homer

"Gallo also hit the century mark in home runs before reaching it in singles (93), becoming the first player in MLB history to accomplish that feat."

Anyone want to guess what the second lowest total of singles is when the batter reaches 100 hrs?

woo woo
                          bash brother mm?

Comment

• when does willy calhaun get a call up?

Comment

• Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                              when does willy calhaun get a call up?
                              He’s been playing 2B in the minors, but Odor is starting to hit again. While they demoted DeShields, Pence & Santana have been red hot. I’m not sure, but I don’t see it anytime soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                                He’s been playing 2B in the minors, but Odor is starting to hit again.
                                ... and Odor has 34mm left on his contract. And Calhoun hasn't shown to be very good at 2B.

For me the path to Calhoun's playing time is at DH if the Rangers can find someone to eat the 21mm salary next year (although he looks to be worth it at this point, so maybe not so far fetched)

Comment

Working...
                                X