No announcement yet.

2K24: Texas Rangers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gallo might have an oblique issue. Stretched his side after a swing...they left him in and he flinched at the next pitch and looked like something grabbed. Then they took him out.

Comment

• Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
      Gallo might have an oblique issue. Stretched his side after a swing...they left him in and he flinched at the next pitch and looked like something grabbed. Then they took him out.
      time for calhoun to come back?

Comment

• Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
        time for calhoun to come back?
        Who covers CF?

DeShields was sent down last week. Calhoun, Choo, Pence are all weak in LF and no chance in CF. If not DD, do they bring up Tocci? He's barely hanging on against AAA pitching. Granite, maybe. At least the D should be good enough.

J
        Last edited by onejayhawk; 06-02-2019, 11:44 AM.
        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
          Who covers CF?

DeShields was sent down last week. Calhoun, Choo, Pence are all weak in LF and no chance in CF. If not DD, do they bring up Tocci? He's barely hanging on against AAA pitching. Granite, maybe. At least the D should be good enough.

J
          deshields is de choice, texas brought him back today

Comment

Of course he is, because I cut him last week.
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

I think he's closer to dog burger than choice, but action duly noted.

J
              Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

• Rangers designated Drew Smyly for assignment.

Can't help but think that Smyly is exactly the type of pitcher that the Pirates would go after: cheap, experienced, cheap, lefty, cheap, fixable, cheap, former AL pitcher, cheap.
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                  Rangers designated Drew Smyly for assignment.

Can't help but think that Smyly is exactly the type of pitcher that the Pirates would go after: cheap, experienced, cheap, lefty, cheap, fixable, cheap, former AL pitcher, cheap.
                  Not to mention he should be cheap.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                    Not to mention he should be cheap.
                    Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

• Rangers acquired C Welington Castillo and international slot compensation from the White Sox for INF/OF Jonah McReynolds.
                      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                        Rangers acquired C Welington Castillo and international slot compensation from the White Sox for INF/OF Jonah McReynolds.
                        Correction, the Rangers acquired international slot compensation for McReynolds and the obligation to buy out Castillo's option (they confirmed they are not picking up the option)

Comment

• They hit gold two years running with Mike Minor and Lance Lynn. Now they have signed Kyle Gibson. All three are 31-32 years old, barely 6 months total spread in their ages. Unlike Minor and possibly Lynn, this is not trying to buy IP on the cheap. The Rangers have the basis of a solid offense and a couple of young LHP rounding the order. If they have decent luck with injuries and can build a bullpen, this is a team that can contend for a wildcard spot.

Minor and Lynn have ADP in the 130-160 range. Gibson is in the mid 300s prior to signing. Is he a bargain at #300? How about #250?

J
                          Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

• Brock Burke, their top pitching prospect, is having shoulder surgery and will miss the entire 2020 campaign.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                              Brock Burke, their top pitching prospect, is having shoulder surgery and will miss the entire 2020 campaign.
                              I would not call him their top prospect (Kolby Allard), but that is not good news.

J
                              Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                                I would not call him their top prospect (Kolby Allard), but that is not good news.

J
                                Neither of those guys is their top pitching prospect actually. Closest to helping, yes, best prospect, no. They are both SP4/SP5 types.

Allard isn't rookie eligible so I doubt he'd be on any prospect lists (but again, even if he was he would not be at the top).

I'd put Hans Crouse at the top of their list for pitchers.

Comment

Working...
                                X