2K24: New York Mets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revo View Post
    Big savings, too bad they have a new multi-gazillionaire owner who doesn't care about money, and they gave up Jerred Kelenic in that deal.
    Not too bad at all....if u are a Mariners fan
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    ---------------------------------------------
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Robinson Cano suspended for the entire 2021 season. Great trade, BVW!
      Had him for $3 in PONY and was wondering if he was a keeper next year... guess, problem solved.
      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
        Had him for $3 in PONY and was wondering if he was a keeper next year... guess, problem solved.
        Yeah, I had him cheaply in multiple leagues. I really believed in his 2nd half surge of 2019 carrying over to 2020.

Like you say, it probably wasn't wise to keep a 37 year old 2B, given the track record on those, but the suspension stops me from potentially screwing myself.
        Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
          Yeah, I had him cheaply in multiple leagues. I really believed in his 2nd half surge of 2019 carrying over to 2020.

Like you say, it probably wasn't wise to keep a 37 year old 2B, given the track record on those, but the suspension stops me from potentially screwing myself.
          I'm not even close to being a Cano fan, but he had a 144 OPS+ in 2020 - 15th in NL if he had played in 1 more game to qualify for the leaderboard.

if the Mets weren't already overloaded, that would be a big INF bat to lose. but since they are, and since Cano just saved the Mets $20M and the Mariners the other $4M - good riddance!

one other note on that dopey deal - EDiaz had a 244 ERA+ in 2020 vs 218 in his Cinderella season of 2018. and his K/9 rate also improved from 15.2 to 17.5.

small sample size, no crowds, yada yada yada.

but it's possible this one isn't as high on the all-time worst trades ever when all is said and done as had been expected.
          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
            I'm not even close to being a Cano fan, but he had a 144 OPS+ in 2020 - 15th in NL if he had played in 1 more game to qualify for the leaderboard.

if the Mets weren't already overloaded, that would be a big INF bat to lose. but since they are, and since Cano just saved the Mets $20M and the Mariners the other $4M - good riddance!

one other note on that dopey deal - EDiaz had a 244 ERA+ in 2020 vs 218 in his Cinderella season of 2018. and his K/9 rate also improved from 15.2 to 17.5.

small sample size, no crowds, yada yada yada.

but it's possible this one isn't as high on the all-time worst trades ever when all is said and done as had been expected.
            Diaz was good and I expect him to be at least decent next season. Buuuuut......the Mets don’t trust him, as evidenced by his quick hook out of the job, and as the saying goes, why do you need a closer when you’re not winning games.

So that said, it will ultimately depend on how Kelenic fares and if they can wheel Diaz into something else.

Comment

• When I started to play roto over 25 years ago, I quickly found that I became more of a fan of players than teams. Even players that I liked that were no longer on my roto team, I would continue to root for. Of course we all have our favorites and our league stories of owners getting player x year after year....

But on the flip side of this, I am sure many of us have a long list of dislike or never own players. Cano has been on this list for me since the early stages of his career. So I am thrilled to read this news and hope we can get to the day when we see a lifetime ban for repeat offenders. It would be nice to see the last of Cano in a MLB uniform.

Comment

Brodie Van Wagenen and his entire staff (which includes former infamous GM Omar Minaya) was fired as Steve Cohen takes over. Former GM Sandy Alderson takes over as Mets president and will hire a new GM.
                What makes Minaya “infamous”? Did I miss something during his run as GM?
                2021 Auction Anatomy
                2021 Keeper Decisions
                2020 Auction Anatomy
                2020 Pre-Auction
                2015 Auction Anatomy
                2014 Auction Anatomy
                2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
                RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

• Originally posted by cleo View Post
                  When I started to play roto over 25 years ago, I quickly found that I became more of a fan of players than teams. Even players that I liked that were no longer on my roto team, I would continue to root for. Of course we all have our favorites and our league stories of owners getting player x year after year....

But on the flip side of this, I am sure many of us have a long list of dislike or never own players. Cano has been on this list for me since the early stages of his career. So I am thrilled to read this news and hope we can get to the day when we see a lifetime ban for repeat offenders. It would be nice to see the last of Cano in a MLB uniform.
                  Wow...What did Cano do to you?
                  2021 Auction Anatomy
                  2021 Keeper Decisions
                  2020 Auction Anatomy
                  2020 Pre-Auction
                  2015 Auction Anatomy
                  2014 Auction Anatomy
                  2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
                  RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

• Originally posted by ThatRogue View Post
                    his method of firing of Willie Randolph as manager was rather clownish, iirc
                    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Wow...What did Cano do to you?
                      PEDs.
                      Twice.

Comment

If you lived in the NYC area during his reign of error with the Mets, you'd know.

Comment

If you lived in the NYC area during his reign of error with the Mets, you'd know.
                          http://www.BobsBlitz.com Boomer & Carton favorite: Then NY Mets GM Omar Minaya's One And A Two Cha Cha

Comment

• Haha, they would play that on Boomer & Carton all the time.

Comment

• Mets owner Steve Cohen revealed he owns the ball that Mookie Wilson hit through Bill Buckner’s legs in Game 6 of the 1986 World Series. Now that Cohen owns the team as well, he said he plans to move the ball into the Mets Museum at Citi Field.

In 1992, actor Charlie Sheen purchased the ball for more than $93,000, per the AP, before selling it eight years later to Los Angeles songwriter Seth Swirsky for close to $64,000. In 2012, Swirsky sold the ball to a buyer who wished to be anonymous -- Cohen, as it turns out.

Cohen told SNY that when he found out the ball was up for auction, his business associate Andy Cohen suggested it would cost between $100,000 and $150,000. Steve Cohen told him to purchase it, and when Andy Cohen did so for more than $410,000, his boss “was not happy” about the escalated price.

“But I’m happy now,” Cohen added.

https://www.mlb.com/news/steve-cohen...l-buckner-ball
                              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                                According to Charles Gasparino of FOX Business Network, the Mets and Steve Cohen are "finalizing paperwork" on his purchase of the team.
                                Who had Steve Cohen in their "most likely MLB owner to get caught up in the next financial scandal" fantasy team?

I know I did.

Wilpons, Madoff
                                Cohen, Gamestop

Is it being a Mets owner that causes these guys to end up on the wrong end of these things, or does the type of person who wants to buy the Mets just make bad life choices in general?

Comment

Working...
                                X