2K24: New York Mets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
    Does Mastersball/Rotowire do in-season projections?
    Apologies, missed this. I guess I've been outed; I don't read the Mets thread on a regular basis.

Yes to both. Mastersball is of course all me. I help with Rotowire's version, especially with playing time.
    Follow me on Twitter @ToddZola

Comment

• And Conforto rejects the QO. So turned out fine for the Mets and may turn out OK for Conforto, too. I'm not sure it turns out OK for whoever signs him.

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
        Conforto is with Boras- I bet he will reject it and they will get a pick.
        This guy is super smart.

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
          This guy is super smart.
          What happens if every team were to say no thank you to a Conforto contract?

Is there a maximum time limit on how long it costs a draft pick to sign him?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
            What happens if every team were to say no thank you to a Conforto contract?
            Then he ... doesn't sign

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
            Is there a maximum time limit on how long it costs a draft pick to sign him?
            Draft day

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
              Then he ... doesn't sign

Draft day
              So he could be signed on Draft Day with no pick penalty?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                So he could be signed on Draft Day with no pick penalty?
                Sure, they can't lose a draft pick they already made.

Remember 2014 when Steven Drew and Kendrys Morales were holding out?

Comment

• Mets apparently on the verge of hiring Billy Eppler to be the next GM, which is a very Mets thing to do, considering Eppler failed badly during a 5-year stint with the Angels, finishing 4th in the AL West four times in five seasons, despite having Mike Trout and Shohei Ohtani for much of that period.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                    Mets apparently on the verge of hiring Billy Eppler to be the next GM, which is a very Mets thing to do, considering Eppler failed badly during a 5-year stint with the Angels, finishing 4th in the AL West four times in five seasons, despite having Mike Trout and Shohei Ohtani for much of that period.
                    I have a different read on this…
                    1) LAA issues are surely linked more to Moreno, even if Eppler is partly responsible.
                    2) Good GMs make mistakes too - and learn from them.
                    3) Eppler learned under Gene Michaels and has scouting skill and experience.
                    4) Eppler managed to resign Trout and to land Ohtani. That’s hardly nothing. And the NYM are likely to be in on big FA targets (at least those not attached to QO compensation).
                    5) Mets need someone in that chair — not Sandy Anderson.

All in all I am fine with it.

Comment

• Among the rumored Mets managerial candidates are Buck Showalter, Brad Ausmus, Raul Ibanez & Eric Chavez

Comment

• DeGrom scratch, undergoing MRI on his shoulder. Uh-oh....

Comment

DeGrom scratch, undergoing MRI on his shoulder. Uh-oh....
                          in related news, they signed Sidd Finch to a minor league contract
                          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                            in related news, they signed Sidd Finch to a minor league contract
                            If only it were that kind of story

Comment

DeGrom scratch, undergoing MRI on his shoulder. Uh-oh....
                              Why am I not surprise?

Comment

• DeGrom won't throw for at least the next FOUR WEEKS, so he's pretty much toast until June -- if he's lucky

Comment

Working...
                                X