Page 76 of 77 FirstFirst ... 266674757677 LastLast

Thread: 2K21 - New York Mets

Quote Originally Posted by revo View Post
    Big savings, too bad they have a new multi-gazillionaire owner who doesn't care about money, and they gave up Jerred Kelenic in that deal.
    Not too bad at all....if u are a Mariners fan

Robinson Cano suspended for the entire 2021 season. Great trade, BVW!
    Had him for $3 in PONY and was wondering if he was a keeper next year... guess, problem solved.
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Quote Originally Posted by heyelander View Post
    Had him for $3 in PONY and was wondering if he was a keeper next year... guess, problem solved.
    Yeah, I had him cheaply in multiple leagues. I really believed in his 2nd half surge of 2019 carrying over to 2020.

Like you say, it probably wasn't wise to keep a 37 year old 2B, given the track record on those, but the suspension stops me from potentially screwing myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Teenwolf View Post
    Yeah, I had him cheaply in multiple leagues. I really believed in his 2nd half surge of 2019 carrying over to 2020.

Like you say, it probably wasn't wise to keep a 37 year old 2B, given the track record on those, but the suspension stops me from potentially screwing myself.
    I'm not even close to being a Cano fan, but he had a 144 OPS+ in 2020 - 15th in NL if he had played in 1 more game to qualify for the leaderboard.

if the Mets weren't already overloaded, that would be a big INF bat to lose. but since they are, and since Cano just saved the Mets $20M and the Mariners the other $4M - good riddance!

one other note on that dopey deal - EDiaz had a 244 ERA+ in 2020 vs 218 in his Cinderella season of 2018. and his K/9 rate also improved from 15.2 to 17.5.

small sample size, no crowds, yada yada yada.

but it's possible this one isn't as high on the all-time worst trades ever when all is said and done as had been expected.
    entering 37th yr in 12-team NL 5x5 - in 2021, after a year off
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

feeble 2021 37th-year Rotisserie keeper candidates
    SP - Scherzer 44-S1, Marquez 10-S1, CSmith 1-O, Cueto 1-S1, Samardzija 1-S1
    RP -
    INF - C Realmuto 13-O, 1O Belt 10-S1, 1O Cooper 10-S1, SS Crawford 9-S1
    OF - CDickerson 17-S1
    FARM - HRamos, Baty, Niedert, JOrtiz
    have first pick in mid-April farm draft

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Jude View Post
    I'm not even close to being a Cano fan, but he had a 144 OPS+ in 2020 - 15th in NL if he had played in 1 more game to qualify for the leaderboard.

if the Mets weren't already overloaded, that would be a big INF bat to lose. but since they are, and since Cano just saved the Mets $20M and the Mariners the other $4M - good riddance!

one other note on that dopey deal - EDiaz had a 244 ERA+ in 2020 vs 218 in his Cinderella season of 2018. and his K/9 rate also improved from 15.2 to 17.5.

small sample size, no crowds, yada yada yada.

but it's possible this one isn't as high on the all-time worst trades ever when all is said and done as had been expected.
    Diaz was good and I expect him to be at least decent next season. Buuuuut......the Mets don’t trust him, as evidenced by his quick hook out of the job, and as the saying goes, why do you need a closer when you’re not winning games.

So that said, it will ultimately depend on how Kelenic fares and if they can wheel Diaz into something else.

Triple-A
    When I started to play roto over 25 years ago, I quickly found that I became more of a fan of players than teams. Even players that I liked that were no longer on my roto team, I would continue to root for. Of course we all have our favorites and our league stories of owners getting player x year after year....

But on the flip side of this, I am sure many of us have a long list of dislike or never own players. Cano has been on this list for me since the early stages of his career. So I am thrilled to read this news and hope we can get to the day when we see a lifetime ban for repeat offenders. It would be nice to see the last of Cano in a MLB uniform.

Brodie Van Wagenen and his entire staff (which includes former infamous GM Omar Minaya) was fired as Steve Cohen takes over. Former GM Sandy Alderson takes over as Mets president and will hire a new GM.
    What makes Minaya “infamous”? Did I miss something during his run as GM?
    “It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends on his not understanding it.”
    ― Upton Sinclair

"Society produces rogues, and education makes one rogue cleverer than another."
    ― Oscar Wilde

2020 Auction Anatomy
    2020 Pre-Auction
    2015 Auction Anatomy
    2014 Auction Anatomy
    2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
    RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Quote Originally Posted by cleo View Post
    When I started to play roto over 25 years ago, I quickly found that I became more of a fan of players than teams. Even players that I liked that were no longer on my roto team, I would continue to root for. Of course we all have our favorites and our league stories of owners getting player x year after year....

But on the flip side of this, I am sure many of us have a long list of dislike or never own players. Cano has been on this list for me since the early stages of his career. So I am thrilled to read this news and hope we can get to the day when we see a lifetime ban for repeat offenders. It would be nice to see the last of Cano in a MLB uniform.
    Wow...What did Cano do to you?
    “It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends on his not understanding it.”
    ― Upton Sinclair

"Society produces rogues, and education makes one rogue cleverer than another."
    ― Oscar Wilde

2020 Auction Anatomy
    2020 Pre-Auction
    2015 Auction Anatomy
    2014 Auction Anatomy
    2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
    RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Quote Originally Posted by ThatRogue View Post
    What makes Minaya “infamous”? Did I miss something during his run as GM?
    his method of firing of Willie Randolph as manager was rather clownish, iirc
    entering 37th yr in 12-team NL 5x5 - in 2021, after a year off
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

feeble 2021 37th-year Rotisserie keeper candidates
    SP - Scherzer 44-S1, Marquez 10-S1, CSmith 1-O, Cueto 1-S1, Samardzija 1-S1
    RP -
    INF - C Realmuto 13-O, 1O Belt 10-S1, 1O Cooper 10-S1, SS Crawford 9-S1
    OF - CDickerson 17-S1
    FARM - HRamos, Baty, Niedert, JOrtiz
    have first pick in mid-April farm draft

Quote Originally Posted by ThatRogue View Post
    Wow...What did Cano do to you?
    PEDs.