No announcement yet.

2K24: New York Mets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Mets have signed SS Francisco Lindor to a contract extension for 10 years/$341 million.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Yes they have!!!

Comment

• Umpire Joe West was awarded $500,000 plus interest on Monday after winning a defamation lawsuit against former major league player Paul Lo Duca.

Judge John Kelley of Manhattan Supreme Court rendered the decision.

Lo Duca had said on “The Favorites” podcast on the Action Network in April 2019 that West had once agreed to give Lo Duca’s New York Mets teammate Billy Wagner a bigger strike zone in exchange for use of the pitcher’s vintage car.

“We’re playing like a really tight game against the Phillies and Billy Wagner comes in from the bullpen,” Lo Duca said on the podcast. “I used to go to the mound every time and like, ‘What’s going on?’ and he’s like, ‘Hey, Joe’s behind the plate. Set up a couple more inches inside. I was like, ‘Are you kidding me? Joe hates me.’ He’s like, ‘No, no, no, no, no, no. Joe loves me.’

“I go, ‘He hasn’t given us the corner all day.’ He’s like, ‘Don’t worry about it.’ He literally throws 10 pitches and strikes out three guys. Joe rings up all three guys. Eight out of the nine pitches were at least three to four inches inside, not even close. Guys were throwing bats and everything. Joe walks off the field …

“I get back into the clubhouse and I’m like, ‘What the f— just happened just right now?’ And Wagner just winks at me. I’m like, ‘What’s the secret?’ He’s like, ‘Eh, Joe loves antique cars, so every time he comes into town I lend him my ’57 Chevy so he can drive it around so then he opens up the strike zone for me.’”

West also maintained Lo Duca’s comments could hurt his chances of making the Hall of Fame.

The court awarded West $250,000 for “past mental anguish and emotional distress” and another $250,000 to “compensate for expenses he will need to incur in retaining a public relations firm to formulate and operationalize a sufficient reputation remediation plan.”

Comment

• I can't believe LoDuca didn't even show up.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
            I can't believe LoDuca didn't even show up.
            Wow yeah, this article didn't even mention that. He just totally ignored the suit, in which West initially asked for almost $12m!

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
              Wow yeah, this article didn't even mention that. He just totally ignored the suit, in which West initially asked for almost $12m!
              West should have just asked for the 57 Chevy and gone home satisfied.

Comment

• Originally posted by harmon View Post
                West should have just asked for the 57 Chevy and gone home satisfied.
                Wagner's not giving up the '57 Chevy...LoDuca's just going to have to pay up!
                2021 Auction Anatomy
                2021 Keeper Decisions
                2020 Auction Anatomy
                2020 Pre-Auction
                2015 Auction Anatomy
                2014 Auction Anatomy
                2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
                RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

• Thursday's game between the Mets and Phillies has been postponed due to rain.
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• There must be a dark cloud following the Mets around the country.

Friday's game in Denver between the Mets and Rockies has been postponed due to snow.

The game will be made up as part of a doubleheader on Saturday. Yay, more 7 inning games.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                      There must be a dark cloud following the Mets around the country.

Friday's game in Denver between the Mets and Rockies has been postponed due to snow.

The game will be made up as part of a doubleheader on Saturday. Yay, more 7 inning games.
                      Better chance for deGrom to get a CG and not have the bullpen blow his 1-0 lead.

Comment

• That's the 7th postponement for the Mets already this season.

Comment

• DeGrom with 15 Ks, becoming only the 3rd pitcher since 1999 to record 3 consecutive games of 14+Ks.

Comment

• first pitcher to K 50 in his first 4 starts.

I remember Seaver as a kid, and attended most of Gooden's starts at Shea in 1985.

"And you, deGrom are..... crap, you're better."

aim like Maddux, power like Clemens.

resistance is futile.
                            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                              first pitcher to K 50 in his first 4 starts.

I remember Seaver as a kid, and attended most of Gooden's starts at Shea in 1985.

"And you, deGrom are..... crap, you're better."

aim like Maddux, power like Clemens.

resistance is futile.
                              He really is amazing. I regret not extending him longer. He was a late bloomer and I was afraid he would turn into a pumpkin. Oops. The guy did not have the most elite pedigree coming up, but that did not stop him from transforming himself into one of the truly elite players of his generation.

Comment

Working...
                              X