No announcement yet.

2K24: New York Mets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mets president Sandy Alderson revealed Tuesday that Jacob deGrom was diagnosed earlier this summer with a partial tear of the UCL in his right elbow.

Alderson also said that "the ligament is perfectly intact at this point."

So, in other words, the Mets doctors have everything under control.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
      Mets president Sandy Alderson revealed Tuesday that Jacob deGrom was diagnosed earlier this summer with a partial tear of the UCL in his right elbow.

Alderson also said that "the ligament is perfectly intact at this point."

So, in other words, the Mets doctors have everything under control.
      How can a torn UCL possibly be "perfectly intact"?

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
        He was channeling 2023
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Alderson claimed it was fully healed. Had I been a reporter, I'd have asked if the Mets doctors looked at his right arm, too.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• I read that it was a sprained UCL which is a tear and can treated without surgery. It can heal in weeks or take months. I doubt he will pitch again this year.

Comment

maybe he meant it's still connected?

Attached Files
              It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                maybe he meant it's still connected?

Afraid Not
                If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• I've noticed since DeGrom is out that the Mets have decided they will no longer score runs for Rich Hill.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                    BTW, I really am starting to despise BBHQ projections -- and the fact Rotolab uses them exclusively.

This was the first season I've used Rotolab in-season for pretty much the entire season. The weekly or so updates give you ROS projections. All season long, they had Villar as a big negative dollar figure, meaning their projections were WAAAAAY off for pretty much the entire season. Villar, it should be noted, has 18 HRs, 11 SB and according to Fangraphs, has been worth $21 this season, and BBHQ projections had Villar consistently around -$13. SO they pretty much projected him to be a bench utility bat with little playing time.

A HUGE whiff by BBHQ -- and there were many, many, many others (Dylan Cease & Mitch Moreland come to mind).
                    I too have been disappointed in BBHQ. I have been a long time subscriber and have noted the degeneration since Shandler left. They are very slow to react to changes and although I look at their projections in making weekly moves I find myself relying on Fangraphs more and more. I would be interested in knowing what the Pen thinks about other sites as I may be making a move away from BBHQ in 2022.

Comment

• Does Mastersball/Rotowire do in-season projections?

Comment

• Originally posted by FBP View Post
                        I too have been disappointed in BBHQ. I have been a long time subscriber and have noted the degeneration since Shandler left. They are very slow to react to changes and although I look at their projections in making weekly moves I find myself relying on Fangraphs more and more. I would be interested in knowing what the Pen thinks about other sites as I may be making a move away from BBHQ in 2022.
                        Yeah, I used FanGraphs and took an average of the projections they use. BBHQ projections were awful.

Comment

• Luis Rojas relieved of duties. Like, somehow, he's responsible for Thor's TJ surgery and DeGrom's health issues.

Comment

• The Mets were denied permission to speak with David Stearns, and Billy Beane joined Theo Epstein in withdrawing his name from consideration for the GM job.

Comment

• Mets extend $18.4 mil qualifying offers to both Syndergaard and Conforto. I can understand this for Thor, if you are confident he'll have a healthy season, but not for Conforto. He had an injury-affected year but even when he was healthy his performance was mediocre. He's average around 3.1 WAR per about a season's worth of ABs. That's not worth $18.4 mil. He's nothing special defensively either - negative 2.6 dWAR for his career. And he's lost considerable time to injury over his career. I can think of better ways to spend $18.4 mil. But if I'm Conforto, I take this in a heartbeat.

Comment

Mets extend $18.4 mil qualifying offers to both Syndergaard and Conforto. I can understand this for Thor, if you are confident he'll have a healthy season, but not for Conforto. He had an injury-affected year but even when he was healthy his performance was mediocre. He's average around 3.1 WAR per about a season's worth of ABs. That's not worth $18.4 mil. He's nothing special defensively either - negative 2.6 dWAR for his career. And he's lost considerable time to injury over his career. I can think of better ways to spend $18.4 mil. But if I'm Conforto, I take this in a heartbeat.
                                Conforto is with Boras- I bet he will reject it and they will get a pick.

Comment

Working...
                                X