No announcement yet.

2K24: New York Mets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Integers between 28 and 40 ? Numbers that are less than my age ? More HR than Brandon Nimmo has ever hit ?
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
      Integers between 28 and 40 ? Numbers that are less than my age ? More HR than Brandon Nimmo has ever hit ?
      Thanks Cliff Clavin

Comment

• Less HR than Kodai Senga will give up next year ?
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• I'm guessing it's HR numbers or starts ? something to do with the met's but pretty tough to guess based on that. Number of starts for Senga ?
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I'm guessing it's HR numbers or starts ? something to do with the met's but pretty tough to guess based on that. Number of starts for Senga ?
            That would be the ages of the starting rotation of the Mets in 2023

Comment

• Millions of dollars for top mets starters ?
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• that was my next guess.

Damn with the posting troubles I can rarely quote a post and respond.
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

that was my next guess. Damn with the posting troubles I can rarely quote a post and respond.
                  Seriously it looks like old SP is the actual strategy here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                    What do all these numbers have in common?

Annual payroll for the Marlins the last 5 years? In millions of course.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                      Seriously it looks like old SP is the actual strategy here.
                      Well Scherzer and Verlander aren't bad risks...get to the post season with them and you have a good shot. Not sure who else is in there besides Senga, haven't been paying attention. Peterson wasn't bad last year and i think he is only 24ish ?
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Well Scherzer and Verlander aren't bad risks...get to the post season with them and you have a good shot. Not sure who else is in there besides Senga, haven't been paying attention. Peterson wasn't bad last year and i think he is only 24ish ?
                        Quintana and Carrasco...when Quintana is your youngest non-rookie starter...yeesh

Comment

• would be curious to see how many starts they all have made over the last 5 or so years...are they significantly more risky than any other average starters ? Besides Peterson do they have another decent option to fill in if injuries occur ? I guess it doesn't alarm me that much knowing that Scherzer and Verlander are the top 2. Maybe old pitchers are not that risky since they have made it thru a lot of years and are still pitching ? Lots of young pitchers get injured. Who knows ? Not a Mets fan so I guess I don't have to worry.
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Brandon Nimmo's $20 million annual salary is still surprising because at first glance it seems like top 10 player money. But in reality the bar has been raised for several years now and top 10 player money is now $35-45 million annual salary. The Acuna and Julio Rodriguez contracts are starting to look like bargains for their teams.
                            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

would be curious to see how many starts they all have made over the last 5 or so years...are they significantly more risky than any other average starters ? Besides Peterson do they have another decent option to fill in if injuries occur ? I guess it doesn't alarm me that much knowing that Scherzer and Verlander are the top 2. Maybe old pitchers are not that risky since they have made it thru a lot of years and are still pitching ? Lots of young pitchers get injured. Who knows ? Not a Mets fan so I guess I don't have to worry.
                              Peterson and Megill would presumably be 6 and 7. And Joey Lucchesi is probably number 8 right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                                Brandon Nimmo's $20 million annual salary is still surprising because at first glance it seems like top 10 player money. But in reality the bar has been raised for several years now and top 10 player money is now $35-45 million annual salary. The Acuna and Julio Rodriguez contracts are starting to look like bargains for their teams.
                                I opined that the Acuna deal was terrible for the player, back when he signed it. Even with the injury he suffered, he left millions on the table that he will never recover. I understand trying to mitigate risk, but he (and Albies) got pretty terrible deals from the Braves, based on their talent levels.
                                2021 Auction Anatomy
                                2021 Keeper Decisions
                                2020 Auction Anatomy
                                2020 Pre-Auction
                                2015 Auction Anatomy
                                2014 Auction Anatomy
                                2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
                                RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

Working...
                                X