No announcement yet.

2K24: New York Mets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lobaton TRIPLED in his first Mets AB today - this 33-year-old catcher has wheels
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• He'll be on the DL by Monday with leg issues.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
        Mets are going to recall Jose Lobaton today.
        He might be my catcher to replace Plawecki. Oh joy!!!

Comment

• Matt Harvey demoted to the bullpen. I think it's even money that Harvey is still a Met by the trade deadline.

Comment

Matt Harvey demoted to the bullpen. I think it's even money that Harvey is still a Met by the trade deadline.
            Is there another team desperate enough to make him a starter again?
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
              Is there another team desperate enough to make him a starter again?
              Have you seen who the Marlins and Reds are trotting out there? If the Mets want to trade him, there will be an audience for him, I'm sure.

Comment

• Jose Reyes gets his first hit of the year!
                finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• I’m not sure that Callaway knows how to handle a bullpen. Seems to be piling on the relievers. And he uses AJ Ramos in big situations as his 8th inning guy. Pretty sure Ramos is miscast there.

Comment

Matt Harvey demoted to the bullpen. I think it's even money that Harvey is still a Met by the trade deadline.
                    I was kinda of tempted to bid on him as he was hitting 95 mph per prior to the start of the season. His control is better but very hittable. His velocity is averaging 92.5 which even down from last season. Perhaps some of that might be attribute to the cold weather so far. At this point he can't be trusted in any format fantasy or real. Since he only is costing the Mets 5 mil and they are off to a good start don't see him starting games anytime soon but in mop up salutationa. Wouldn't be surprise to see his name on CBS Roster Trends Most Dropped List.

Comment

• I'll admit, I was in on Harvey in all of my leagues. I ended up with zero shares, because either I was full up when he came around or I was outbid. In one league, I went to $11 and dropped out and he went for $12.

I don't think the last chapter in Harvey's career has been written, but it's not coming in 2018.

Comment

Have you seen who the Marlins and Reds are trotting out there? If the Mets want to trade him, there will be an audience for him, I'm sure.
                        Yes they are using mostly cheap and mostly young pitchers. Neither would trade for Harvey. Harvey is neither cheap or good at this point. He is untradeable.

Comment

• Originally posted by pitbull View Post
                          I was kinda of tempted to bid on him as he was hitting 95 mph per prior to the start of the season. His control is better but very hittable. His velocity is averaging 92.5 which even down from last season. Perhaps some of that might be attribute to the cold weather so far. At this point he can't be trusted in any format fantasy or real. Since he only is costing the Mets 5 mil and they are off to a good start don't see him starting games anytime soon but in mop up salutationa. Wouldn't be surprise to see his name on CBS Roster Trends Most Dropped List.
                          I think that you're probably right with the cold weather speculation. His ball just isn't doing anything at all, and at 92-93, without pinpoint Bartolo Colon type control, it just isn't going to fool anyone. His xFIP is actually 3.62, so there's some hope there...
                          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                          -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by mgwiz22 View Post
                            Yes they are using mostly cheap and mostly young pitchers. Neither would trade for Harvey. Harvey is neither cheap or good at this point. He is untradeable.
                            Saying he's untradeable is nuts. He's 29 and is owed only the remainder of his $5.5m contract for this season before he becomes a free agent. Even mediocre relievers make more. It's not like he's Homer Bailey making $22m.

Comment

• Totally agree Harvey is very tradeable. Of course he might not net much and don't really know the Mets mindset on trading him. Also there is no guarantee on how Matz, Wheeler or Vargas will continue to perform so maybe putting Harvey in the bullpen to see if he can get it together might work down the road.

Comment

Saying he's untradeable is nuts. He's 29 and is owed only the remainder of his $5.5m contract for this season before he becomes a free agent. Even mediocre relievers make more. It's not like he's Homer Bailey making $22m.
                                It depends on the situation. Reds and Miami would not be interested because he's a rental, and what would the point of that be? A contender, well, I would imagine they would like to improve their pitching staffs, not just add a gascan.

Comment

Working...
                                X