No announcement yet.

2K24: New York Mets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Cohen says Sandy Alderson will become Mets president once he’s confirmed as owner. I assume that’s the end of the BVW era?

Comment

• works for me - but Alderson is over 70 and has had some serious health issues. so he would not be a one-man show regardless.
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Was listening to the radio today and heard DeBlasio can veto the Mets deal. Is this serious or was I listening to something out of The Onion?
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• It appears to potentially be true.

In the 2006 stadium lease agreement between the Mets and New York City, there’s a provision in which the mayor can prohibit the sale of the team to a “prohibited person,’’ since Citi Field is on New York City owned park land. The lease defines a prohibited person as “any person that has been convicted in a criminal proceeding for a felony or any crime involving moral turpitude.’’

Cohen was never charged with a crime, but in 2013 his former hedge-fund company, S.A.C. Capital Investors, pleaded guilty to securities fraud and wire fraud. The company agreed to pay $1.8 billion in fines in one of the largest criminal cases against a hedge fund. Cohen, in a civil suit with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, was prohibited from managing outside money for two years.

Comment

• Thanks! I must admit, I haven't seen the term "moral turpitude" since Bloom County comic strips.

Comment

• the intersection between a convicted felon - which Cohen is not -being approved by MLB but not by de Blasio has to be veryclose to zero.
              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Apparently, just being a Met infects you with Metness: https://www.yahoo.com/sports/marcus-...030051615.html

Comment

• Brodie Van Wagenen and his entire staff (which includes former infamous GM Omar Minaya) was fired as Steve Cohen takes over. Former GM Sandy Alderson takes over as Mets president and will hire a new GM.

Comment

• Marcus Stroman accepts the Mets' QO.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                      Marcus Stroman accepts the Mets' QO.
                      The White Sox must have been the only ones offering a multi-year deal.

Comment

• According to Tim Healey of Newsday, Mets' shortstop Amed Rosario has been working on his swing with Doug Latta.

Latta is the swing guru who worked to re-tool Justin Turner's swing before his breakout with the Dodgers.
                        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Robinson Cano suspended for the entire 2021 season. Great trade, BVW!

Comment

robinson cano suspended for the entire 2021 season. Great trade, bvw!
                            $24m.

Comment

Robinson Cano suspended for the entire 2021 season. Great trade, BVW!
                              Stanozolol....my gosh, what an idiot. WADA only has like 50 years of data to work from to identify breakdown components.

Comment

• Originally posted by whalewang View Post
                                $24m.
                                Big savings, too bad they have a new multi-gazillionaire owner who doesn't care about money, and they gave up Jerred Kelenic in that deal.

Comment

Working...
                                X