No announcement yet.

2K24: New York Mets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supposedly opted out because he felt the Mets were deliberately benching Cespedes to avoid triggering vesting options.

I am a Mets fan but could see that. What a mess. These two deserve each other.

Big loss for 2020 Mets.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharky View Post
      Big loss for 2020 Mets.
      I think that this could end up being a good thing for the Mets since it likely gives Dominic Smith playing time that he wouldn't have gotten with Cespedes still around. Plus the cost savings.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• So instead of mostly sitting around and collecting about $8mil, Cespedes quits. He and the Mets were truly made for one another.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
          So instead of mostly sitting around and collecting about $8mil, Cespedes quits. He and the Mets were truly made for one another.
          If he wasn't getting the vesting stuff, his pro-rated salary would have been far less than $8 mil, no?

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
            If he wasn't getting the vesting stuff, his pro-rated salary would have been far less than $8 mil, no?
            I think you're right. His base for reporting healthy was $11 MM, I misread as $21 MM. So it's ~$3.5 MM he's walked away from.

Comment

• So, how much did Cespedes end up getting paid this season for playing 8 games?
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                So, how much did Cespedes end up getting paid this season for playing 8 games?
                My math comes up with just short of $550k. 8/162 * $11,000,000

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                  My math comes up with just short of $550k. 8/162 * $11,000,000
                  Maybe the Mets wanted Cespedes to walk away.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• I never thought I would type this, but the Mets still have enough offense.

Ramos Alonso Cano Rosario McNeil JDDavis Nimmo Conforto DSmith Dozier is 10, and they LOVE 21-year-old MI Andres Gimenez, who can play 3B if the Mets want to give McNeil some OF time. Marisnick and ENunez are on the IL.
                    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                      I never thought I would type this, but the Mets still have enough offense.

Ramos Alonso Cano Rosario McNeil JDDavis Nimmo Conforto DSmith Dozier is 10, and they LOVE 21-year-old MI Andres Gimenez, who can play 3B if the Mets want to give McNeil some OF time. Marisnick and ENunez are on the IL.
                      And that comment got McNeil, Cano, and Rosario hurt in the game that evening. My Braves basically lack a rotation now. Can you take out the Phillies and the Nats in the next couple of days to give them a chance? (Marlins did it to themselves already.)

Comment

• [QUOTE=TranaGreg;383581]ouch.
                        Then again, as a Jays fan, thanks.

we owe you bigtime (and almost bigger) for the RA Dickey trade. produced an NL pennant via Thor in 2015

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

• [QUOTE=Judge Jude;383599]
                          Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                          ouch.
                          Then again, as a Jays fan, thanks.

we owe you bigtime (and almost bigger) for the RA Dickey trade. produced an NL pennant via Thor in 2015
                          Also landed d’Arnaud and an 18-yr old prospect who flamed out. Dickey was a good guy but that trade was fantastic for the Mets. Beltran to SF for Wheeler was good too. Both Alderson era I believe. That stands on stark contrast to the BVW debacle: Kelenic, Dunn, (and bad contracts for JBruce and a reliever) for Edwin Diaz and the rotting shell of Cano and his mammoth contract. Will go down as Bagwell trade-level bad.

Comment

• Cano had an .880 OPS in the second half of last season, and a 1.020 in 34 AB this season.

his career OPS is .844, which chalks up a 126 - stellar for a 2B and the same for career as Altuve, Rendon, and Johnny Bench among others.

so in his last 200 AB or so, he hit an even higher level than that.

don't get me wrong, I'd still undo the deal in a heartbeat. but if that's a rotting shell, gimme some more rotting!

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                              Dominic Smith time.
                              Dominic Smith has homered in his last 4 games. Looks like all he needed was some playing time. Thanks to Cespedes leaving he now has it.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                              X