2K24: New York Mets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Erik View Post
    I will not hear this Philadelphia slander!

Lurie is the Eagles' owner -- orders of magnitude better than all of their previous ones. And not a troglodyte on social issues like most NFL owners are.

Loria is the con man who owned the Marlins.
    You are right. I stand corrected. Lurie was the guy to whom Roger Goodell practically threw the Lombardi Trophy when the Eagles dared to beat the Patriots.
    Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
    -- William James

Comment

• I’m going to put the Over/Under on Jed Lowrie’s total hits in a Mets uniform at one, and I’m taking the under!

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
        I’m going to put the Over/Under on Jed Lowrie’s total hits in a Mets uniform at one, and I’m taking the under!
        Placed on the 45-day IL today, so he will almost certainly never appear in another Mets game. The odds on the Under just skyrocketed.

In other Met debacle news, Yoenis Cespedes did not show up to the ballpark today and didn’t tell anyone why. Lol.

Comment

• Tim Healey
          @timbhealey
          BREAKING: The Mets don't know where Yoenis Cespedes is.

Team statement: "As of game time, Yoenis Céspedes has not reported to the ballpark today. He did not reach out to management with any explanation for his absence. Our attempts to contact him have been unsuccessful."
          1:26 PM · Aug 2, 2020
          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
            Tim Healey
            @timbhealey
            BREAKING: The Mets don't know where Yoenis Cespedes is.

Team statement: "As of game time, Yoenis Céspedes has not reported to the ballpark today. He did not reach out to management with any explanation for his absence. Our attempts to contact him have been unsuccessful."
            1:26 PM · Aug 2, 2020
            I hope he is okay.
            "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Hope Cespedes is okay. I can think of no reason a professional ballplayer would ghost a team like that if he is.

Comment

• Mets announcer say team is "not concerned" about his safety, whatever that means

and now a "hot Twitter take" by the producer of that recent "Lebron The Decision" special on ESPN

Don Van Natta Jr.
                @DVNJr
                ·
                12s
                Now we learn Cespedes is NOT missing but just missing from work. An unexcused absence.

So clearly the first Mets statement wasn’t intended to spark panic for the man’s well-being, which it understandably did, but instead just try to embarrass him.

This franchise is trash.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

• I knew that introducing wild boar into downtown Atlanta was a bad idea.

Comment

• Well, if he just decided to not go fo work without telling the team, it should be embarrassing for Cespedes. That does not fly no matter where you work.

Comment

• Cespedes opts out

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                        Cespedes opts out
                        Dominic Smith time.
                        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Cespedes will also be a free agent this winter. So, his days as a Met are likely over. As are his days of getting paid $29 million per season.
                          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Dave Kingman, who hit 35 HR in 1986 and had a career OPS+ of 115 that slipped in his last 2 seasons, was so annoying that he didn't get another contract offer - so he retired.

Cespedes, with a career OPS+ of 125 and who is coming off a nothing season and with far more injury issues, might want to check in with Dave.

I hear he lives a mellow life in the Las Vegas area, at age 71.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

• Used to love watching Dave Kingman connect on one of his moon shots when i was a kid. Two of the cable TV stations we got back in the late 70's and early 80's were WGN Chicago and WOR New York. Kingman was a Cub from 1978-80 and a Met from 1981-83. So, i got to watch a lot of his games.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Kingman hit a monster shot off Cubs P Tom Dettore which landed on an old lady's porch.

had to be 550 feet.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Working...
                                X