2K24: New York Mets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
    And Lenny Dykstra gets his head handed to him in his suit against Ron Darling for slander:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/judge-d...1733--mlb.html
    I have had cases with Judge Kalish before. He is a tough cookie. Definitely got a tongue lashing from him before when I did not have a good excuse for not producing a client for a deposition.

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
      I have had cases with Judge Kalish before. He is a tough cookie. Definitely got a tongue lashing from him before when I did not have a good excuse for not producing a client for a deposition.
      I hope your client wasn’t Lenny Dykstra!

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
        I hope your client wasn’t Lenny Dykstra!
        Not Dykstra, but that doesn't mean it was necessarily an honest and trustworthy character!

Comment

• Darren Rovell
          @darrenrovell
          ·
          1h
          BREAKING: The A-Rod/J-Lo bid to buy the Mets is VERY REAL.

Sources say lifelong Mets fan, Queens native and billionaire Mike Repole, of BodyArmor & Vitaminwater fame + successful horse owner, has joined the group as a general partner.

A dream ownership team for any Mets fan.
          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
            Darren Rovell
            @darrenrovell
            ·
            1h
            BREAKING: The A-Rod/J-Lo bid to buy the Mets is VERY REAL.

Sources say lifelong Mets fan, Queens native and billionaire Mike Repole, of BodyArmor & Vitaminwater fame + successful horse owner, has joined the group as a general partner.

A dream ownership team for any Mets fan.
            And likely made possible by the discount the team would sell for compared to the deal that fell through before. I very much doubt this ownership group will have to pony up over 2.6 billion for the Mets right now. If the Mets or another team does sell, it will be interesting to see for how much. The owners, after all, claim that owning a team isn't a profitable endeavor.

Comment

• Wow, Mike Repole would be unreal. That guy is living a dream.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                And likely made possible by the discount the team would sell for compared to the deal that fell through before. I very much doubt this ownership group will have to pony up over 2.6 billion for the Mets right now. If the Mets or another team does sell, it will be interesting to see for how much. The owners, after all, claim that owning a team isn't a profitable endeavor.
                If owning a team isn't a profitable endeavor, why (other than ego) do some owners hang on to their teams so long? As a tax accountant, it strikes me that it would be better to sell, pay the capital gains tax if any, and deploy the money on something "profitable".
                Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                -- William James

Comment

• Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                  I heard about this on MLB Network radio yesterday. ARod is a Mets fan and she's Jenny from the block. They would be minority owners in a group they assemble.
                  "minority owners"? Better watch your language.

My view is that if their money is real, if they can be part of a package to get the Wilpons out, and if their group is sufficiently capitalized overall, which is absolutely critical for a NY team, I'm all for it. It's like getting rid of Lurie in Miami, culling the herd, addition by subtraction, call it what you will.
                  Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                  -- William James

Comment

• Mets sign RHP Hunter Strickland.
                    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                      Mets sign RHP Hunter Strickland.
                      And Melky Cabrera, Gordon Beckham, Erasmo Ramirez & Ryan Cordell.

Comment

I like Melky as a 4th outfielder in real baseball. He's solid if unspectacular.
                        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
                          If owning a team isn't a profitable endeavor, why (other than ego) do some owners hang on to their teams so long? As a tax accountant, it strikes me that it would be better to sell, pay the capital gains tax if any, and deploy the money on something "profitable".
                          We all need a hobby.

Comment

World Series, here we come! Let's go Mets! It will be nice to still be in contention in July for a change!

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                              I like Melky as a 4th outfielder in real baseball. He's solid if unspectacular.
                              Same here. Nice 4/5 OFer, and still a solid bat-to-contact guy in pinch hitting situations.
                              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
                                It's like getting rid of Lurie in Miami, culling the herd, addition by subtraction, call it what you will.
                                I will not hear this Philadelphia slander!

Lurie is the Eagles' owner -- orders of magnitude better than all of their previous ones. And not a troglodyte on social issues like most NFL owners are.

Loria is the con man who owned the Marlins.
                                Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                                We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
                                X