Baseball Reference Page
    mlb depth charts
    cot's contracts - team page
    cot's contracts - 2014 spreadsheet
    mlbtraderumors - team page
    fangraphs - team page
    fangraphs - park factors

prospects - rhd, with team highlighted
    people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

A full day and no comments yet. That in itself is a comment on the Mets.

Other than David Wright and maybe Jon Niese, is there anyone healthy, proven, and worth mentioning on that roster? I see a whole lot of blah or worse. It reminds me of some of the rosters my Pirates trotted out for most of the 20 years before 2013, a lot of, "Well, maybe, if if if...".

I'm keeping a few of the minor league guys in mind, though. They may be Mets, but they're still worth watching, just in case.
    Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
    -- William James

Comment

Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
      A full day and no comments yet. That in itself is a comment on the Mets.
      I figured that's because it was Thanksgivukkah.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
        Yeah, why ruin a perfectly good holiday!
        Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

Juan Lagares - an unusual combination of low HR, low SB, high K, and low BB.

421 PA, 4 HR, 6 SB, 96 Ks, .281 OBP, .633 OPS

Is his job safe (good at defense?)

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
            thanksbirthukkah. Thursday was my birthday, too.

How old? Really old (for this crowd).

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
            -- William James

Comment

Originally posted by james33 View Post

421 PA, 4 HR, 6 SB, 96 Ks, .281 OBP, .633 OPS

Is his job safe (good at defense?)
              He's a great defensive CFer, but as you pointed out, he has shortcomings with the bat. As of now, it's presumed he'll split time with the newly-signed Chris Young.

Comment

Originally posted by james33 View Post
                Not unusual on my rosters, although I've never owned this particular bit of nothing.

-- William James

Comment

Jordany Valdespin non-tendered, and he wasn't even arbitration eligible yet! Odds that he finds another team?

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                    Jordany Valdespin non-tendered, and he wasn't even arbitration eligible yet! Odds that he finds another team?
                    He's got talent, so he'll find another team. Every organization think that they're the ones that can straighten a knucklehead out...
                    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Mets also non-tendered Jeremy Hefner and Justin Turner.

Comment

Eric young jr should provide some value, particularly from SB
                        "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

I think Wheeler has plenty of value, though he might be overhyped.

Mets are rumored to be in on a lot of people, though they backed off Furcal. Granderson is apparently the new target.

Comment

The Mets might have the best rbi potential behind Wright since 2008 (Beltran & Delgado).

But it's unclear who else is going to be near the top of the order with Wright.
                            MLB Depth Charts currently have the -14 as:
                            1. Chris Young
                            2. Daniel Murphy
                            3. David Wright
                            4. Curtis Granderson

That's a lot of power/speed, but only Wright has been consistent on-base. Great for 1-run innings in low-scoring games, not so much for the ko-punch.
                            people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

The Orioles are rumored to be interested in Murphy, but Jim Duquette of SiriusXM says otherwise. Trading Murphy would open up 2B for EY, which would in turn open up an outfield spot.

Brewers rumored to be interested in Ike Davis, but of course we know that Milwaukee is interested in a almost any 1B with a pulse. Whether Ike has one in baseball terms is a good question.

-- William James

Comment

Working...
                              X