2K24: New York Mets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From Rotoworld--

"Mets claimed RHP Ryan Reid off waivers from the Pirates.

Reid was designated for assignment by the Bucs earlier this month despite posting promising numbers between the majors and Triple-A Indianapolis in 2013. He could factor into the Mets' bullpen mix in 2014."

I'm not that familiar with him, but based on the numbers, he could be a decent addition to the bullpen. This is the kind of low-key, low-overhead, good-if-not-great-upside move that could result in some small improvement for the team.
    Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
    -- William James

Comment

The Mets threads were the only ones where I took Roto Rooter off ignore, because his exasperation with their management could be amusing.
      Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
      We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Mets fans/observers--Do you think the Mets will make a play for Tanaka? Do you think he'd be interested in signing with them? Just curious.

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
        -- William James

Comment

Mets have already said they are NOT a bidder, alas
          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

This today on Rotoworld--

"Newsday's Marc Carig reports that the Mets "remain in contact" with Stephen Drew's agent, Scott Boras.
            However, it sounds like they'll only be serious players for him if his price drops. Having draft pick compensation attached to his signing has affected the market for Drew, which could result in him winding up back in Boston. Drew batted .253/.333/.443 with 13 home runs and 67 RBI in 124 games last year for the Red Sox."

Ordinarily, I'd be sympathetic to the player when his market is dampened by the draft pick being tied to him, but when it's a Boras client, somehow I don't feel so sorry for him. Besides, while Drew would be an upgrade at SS for the Mets, he's not really all that good.

He could find that he'll have to wait until June, when the draft pick penalty would expire, in order to find a team. Or he may just have to settle for a lowball offer in February, although I have a hard time seeing Boras admitting defeat and advising a client to take what he can get.

-- William James

Comment

I sincerely hope the Mets don't forfeit draft picks to sign Drew. He's just not worth it. Their first round pick is protected, and they already lost a 2nd round pick for Granderson I believe. So maybe the cost wouldn't be that high in their situation. Still, they are a rebuilding team. Only benefit of this move would be getting rid of Ruben Tejada.

Comment

Rare good news for the Mets. From Rotoworld--

"Bobby Parnell (neck) was cleared this week by Dr. Robert Watkins to resume all baseball-related activities.
                It's excellent news for the 29-year-old closer, who underwent surgery in September to repair a herniated disk in his neck. Parnell should be on the same page as the rest of the Mets' pitchers this spring in camp and looks to be a safe fantasy bet on draft day. He posted a 2.16 ERA, 1.00 WHIP and 44/12 K/BB ratio in 50 innings last season.
                Source: ESPN New York"

Nevertheless, we should keep in mind that "full recovery" and "on schedule" don't generally blend well with "Mets".

-- William James

Comment

Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
                  Rare good news for the Mets. From Rotoworld--

"Bobby Parnell (neck) was cleared this week by Dr. Robert Watkins to resume all baseball-related activities.
                  It's excellent news for the 29-year-old closer, who underwent surgery in September to repair a herniated disk in his neck. Parnell should be on the same page as the rest of the Mets' pitchers this spring in camp and looks to be a safe fantasy bet on draft day. He posted a 2.16 ERA, 1.00 WHIP and 44/12 K/BB ratio in 50 innings last season.
                  Source: ESPN New York"

Nevertheless, we should keep in mind that "full recovery" and "on schedule" don't generally blend well with "Mets".
                  Which is why anyone who drafts Parnell should take Vic Black as well, who is the closer in waiting.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                    Which is why anyone who drafts Parnell should take Vic Black as well, who is the closer in waiting.
                    Are you sure it's Black? Do they have any random 44 year olds they could use instead?

Comment

Oh for the love of Pete.

JUPITER , Fla. — This Generation K will be okay. Matt Harvey, Zack Wheeler and Noah Syndergaard represent Generation K2 for the Mets. “This is nothing against Stephen Strasburg,’’ a prominent scout…

“This is nothing against Stephen Strasburg,’’ a prominent scout told The Post Wednesday, “but I like Harvey, Wheeler and Syndergaard each better than I do Strasburg. That’s three No. 1s the Mets have there.’’

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                        Oh for the love of Pete.

“This is nothing against Stephen Strasburg,’’ a prominent scout told The Post Wednesday, “but I like Harvey, Wheeler and Syndergaard each better than I do Strasburg. That’s three No. 1s the Mets have there.’’
                        Why, they could end up being as good as "Generation K"... Bill Pulsipher, Jason Isringhausen, and Paul Wilson!
                        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                        -Warren Ellis

Comment

That might be a bit over the top (although a healthy Harvey is at Strasburg's level), but the Mets sure are loaded with arms. In 2015, a rotation of Harvey/Wheeler/Syndergaard/Montero/Mejia could be the best in baseball. And they still have Niese & Gee. Plus, they have a bunch of great bullpen arms (Leathersich, Walters) on the way.

Comment

RT @AdamRubinESPN Terry Collins confirms Jose Valverde is his primary setup man and may spell Bobby Parnell at closing early.
                            Poor Vic Black.

Comment

Poor Vic Black.
                              To add insult to insult, they sent Vic to the minors.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                                Why, they could end up being as good as "Generation K"... Bill Pulsipher, Jason Isringhausen, and Paul Wilson!
                                OUCH! Just the same, I'm convinced the Mets have no idea whatsoever how to develop prospects. They are the anti-Cardinals in that sense.

Comment

Working...
                                X