No announcement yet.

2K24: New York Mets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• and Dom Smith, in his first AB in 2 months, hits a 3-run HR with 2 out in the bottom of the 11th to rally the Mets to a 7-6 win!

I was at this game, good times.

Mets bottomed out at 44-55 - then went on a 42-21 run to finish (including a 6-game losing streak!)
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• The Mets have fired manager Mickey Callaway.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Joe Girardi, Eduardo Perez, and Carlos Beltran are getting a second interview with the Mets for their managerial opening.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
          Joe Girardi, Eduardo Perez, and Carlos Beltran are getting a second interview with the Mets for their managerial opening.
          Eduardo, I am so sorry.

J
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Joe Girardi, Eduardo Perez, and Carlos Beltran are getting a second interview with the Mets for their managerial opening.
            Now that Joe Girardi has signed with the Phillies:
            According to Bob Nightengale of USA Today, Eduardo Perez has emerged as "the clear front runner" for the Mets' managerial job.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Comment

• This seems a bit early in Beltran's post playing career. He just retired two years ago.

It won't hurt HoF chances, which are sort of dicey, so it's not all bad.

J
                Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• New York Mets fans may finally be getting their wish.

Sterling Partners, the business of the Wilpon family, is in negotiations to sell 80 percent of the Mets to hedge-fund billionaire Steve Cohen, Bloomberg News reported on Wednesday. The transaction would value the franchise at $2.6 billion, according to Bloomberg.

The team confirmed that negotiations are ongoing and that Fred Wilpon will remain in the role of CEO for five years and Jeff Wilpon will remain as COO for the same amount of time. After those five years are up, Cohen will have a path for taking control of the franchise. The Wilpons would retain some stake in the franchise, according to Bloomberg.

Cohen, who is the CEO of Point72 Asset Management, has a net worth of $9.2 billion, according to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index.
                  The Mets are headed toward an overhaul at the highest level. In a bombshell Wednesday, the Sterling Partners — headed by Mets owners Fred Wilpon and Saul Katz — announced they are in negotiations t…

Comment

• move over, Pinstripers - there's a new sheriff coming to town (again)

annual attendance, Mets vs Yankees

1985 - 2.76 vs 2.21
                    1986 - 2.77 vs 2.27
                    1987 - 3.03 vs 2.43
                    1988 - 3.05 vs 2.63
                    1989 - 2.92 vs 2.17
                    1990 - 2.73 vs 2.01
                    1991 - 2.28 vs 1.86
                    1992 - 1.78 vs 1.75

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                      Sterling Partners, the business of the Wilpon family, is in negotiations to sell 80 percent of the Mets to hedge-fund billionaire Steve Cohen, Bloomberg News reported on Wednesday. The transaction would value the franchise at $2.6 billion, according to Bloomberg.
                      Let me get this straight. The Wilpons fell victim to Bernie Madoff in one of the biggest financial scams in history.... so they end up selling to Cohen, a hedge fund owner known for one of the biggest insider trader conspiracies in history (https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...steven-a-cohen)

Is this a case of if you can't beat 'em, join 'em??

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                        Let me get this straight. The Wilpons fell victim to Bernie Madoff in one of the biggest financial scams in history.... so they end up selling to Cohen, a hedge fund owner known for one of the biggest insider trader conspiracies in history (https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...steven-a-cohen)

Is this a case of if you can't beat 'em, join 'em??
                        It’s pretty bizarre!

Comment

• "I'll take unscrupulous Gotham sports czars for $800, Alex"

"A convicted felon and owner of a New York Major League Baseball team"

"Who is, George Steinbrenner?"

"Correct!"

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

• Has a manager ever been fired before he even managed one game?

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Has a manager ever been fired before he even managed one game?
                              Wally Backman, I believe

Comment

Has a manager ever been fired before he even managed one game?
                                boom goes the dynamite!

Comment

Working...
                                X