2K24: New York Mets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revo View Post
    Not to get sidetracked, but at this point, I don’t think Machado finishes in the Top 5. Tatis has a 170 pt edge in OPS alone over him.
    Machado is leading the league in RBI last time I looked. His OPS is increasing and his defense is stellar. Tatis may be down. I would take the top 5 bet.

Comment

• Mets thread… leave the Mets fans to cry in our beers, please. No need to debate the Padres’ embarrassment of riches here.

Comment

• Well to be fair, they are having Met-like injuries this season...
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• DeGrom gives himself the kiss of death by saying he's "confident he will pitch again this season."

Comment

• Sadly my Mets are going down without him. Clock struck midnight on Taijuan Walker and Mets didn’t add a top SP. Too bad.

Comment

• Javy Baez is the first Met since Dave Kingman in May 1982 to go 0-5 with 5 Ks in one game.

Comment

Javy Baez is the first Met since Dave Kingman in May 1982 to go 0-5 with 5 Ks in one game.
                Javy being Javy!
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Javy Baez is the first Met since Dave Kingman in May 1982 to go 0-5 with 5 Ks in one game.
                  A platinum sombrero.
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Jacob deGrom goes to the 60-day IL and now isn't eligible to return until mid-September. It seems more and more likely that he will get shut down.
                    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                      Jacob deGrom goes to the 60-day IL and now isn't eligible to return until mid-September. It seems more and more likely that he will get shut down.
                      GITH for the win...
                      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Noah Syndergaard will not make his scheduled rehab appearance on Sunday after testing positive for COVID-19.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• The Mets players are now giving thumbs down to the fans when they do well as some sort of protest against the fans booing them? Lol, good luck dying on this hill, Baez, Lindor, and Pillar.
                          More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                            The Mets players are now giving thumbs down to the fans when they do well as some sort of protest against the fans booing them? Lol, good luck dying on this hill, Baez, Lindor, and Pillar.
                            Yup. When I first saw this, I thought it was The Onion or something similar.
                            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• New York Mets acting General Manager Zack Scott was arrested for DUI, and has been barred from traveling with the team for now.

Court documents show that the 44-year-old Scott was arrested at 4:30 a.m. Tuesday by police in White Plains, New York, in Westchester County, after being found stopped in his 2018 Toyota. Scott lives in the nearby suburb of Rye.

“We were surprised and deeply disappointed to learn this morning about an alleged DUI involving Zack Scott,” the Mets said in a Twitter post.

“We take this matter very seriously. Zack will not be traveling with the team for our upcoming road trip while we learn more and determine next steps.”
                              Acting Mets GM Zack Scott will not travel with the team after he was arrested on DUI and other charges early Tuesday in White Plains, New York.

Comment

• Scott on Monday night attended a Mets charity event at owner Steve Cohen's nearby estate in Connecticut, with Baez and Lindor on hand...
                                finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                                own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                                won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                                RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                                C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                                OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Working...
                                X