2K24: New York Mets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by whalewang View Post
    Why does Callaway keep sending Diaz out in meaningful late inning games?
    There was only one catch and that was Catch-22, which specified that a concern for one's managerial job in the face of Mets' upper management chaos, which was real and immediate, was the process of a rational mind.

Callaway was crazy and could quit.

All he had to do was ask; and as soon as he did, he would no longer be crazy and would have to continue managing the Mets.

Callaway would be crazy to continue managing them and sane if he didn't, but if he was sane he had to continue.

If he continued, he was crazy and didn't have to; but if he didn't want to he was sane and had to.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
      There was only one catch and that was Catch-22, which specified that a concern for one's managerial job in the face of Mets' upper management chaos, which was real and immediate, was the process of a rational mind.

Callaway was crazy and could quit.

All he had to do was ask; and as soon as he did, he would no longer be crazy and would have to continue managing the Mets.

Callaway would be crazy to continue managing them and sane if he didn't, but if he was sane he had to continue.

If he continued, he was crazy and didn't have to; but if he didn't want to he was sane and had to.
      Whaaaaat?

Comment

• This reminds me of why I hated that book so much.

Comment

• I applaud the effort of typing that up. Never read that one, but would take it over “As I Lay Dying”. Faulkner was just mean.
          Last edited by Sharky; 09-17-2019, 01:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharky View Post
            I applaud the effort of typing that up. Never rad that one, but would take it over “As I Lay Dying”. Faulkner was just mean.
            I too applaud the effort.

I had a couple of buddies thought Catch 22 was the funniest thing on the planet when it came out. For me not so much.

Comment

• I liked the Catch-22 movie but never read the book.

It's not really relevant tot he Mets in any event. They are not that far from going back to the WS. Why are treating the job as managing the funny farm?

J
              Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                Why are treating the job as managing the funny farm?
                Not sure if serious.

Even by the Mets’ lofty standards, the events of Monday set some new standard of organizational dysfunction that might have once been considered unachievable.

Dysfunction has long been a word synonymous with the New York Mets organization. It would be funny if it weren't so sad...

CHICAGO — The wheels came off for Mickey Callaway and the Mets Sunday at Wrigley Field in so many ways. First, the beleaguered manager stuck with reliever Seth Lugo for much too long. Lugo’s 42nd p…

I could go on...

Comment

• the Mets won the NL pennant in 2015.
                  they reached the wild-card game in 2016.
                  they haven't won fewer than 70 games since 2003 - which I suspect not so many teams can claim.

Alfonso and McNeil are the first pair of first-year batters ever to make the All-Star Game together.
                  and their SPs are... pretty good.

the owners are morons, and the current GM and MGR are worthy of scrutiny.

but anyone who thinks this is a bottom 10 franchise at this stage - if there are any - would be a fool.
                  finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                  own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                  won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                  RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                  C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                  OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post

the owners are morons, and the current GM and MGR are worthy of scrutiny.
                    This was literally the entire topic, so ... yes.

Comment

This was literally the entire topic, so ... yes.
                      That is very different from what you said earlier. The GM is obviously a mixed bag, because the team is stacked with talent. If he has trouble living with his manager, I'm not sure where that falls.

J
                      Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

That is very different from what you said earlier.
                        *sigh* nevermind you whiffed on the joke, move on.

Comment

*sigh* nevermind you whiffed on the joke, move on.
                          [Commander_Data] Perhaps the joke was not funny. [/Commander-Data]

J
                          Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

[Commander_Data] Perhaps the joke was not funny. [/Commander-Data]

J
                            Based on your comment, you missed the content, regardless of the humor, but whatever, move on!

Comment

• In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                                Pete Alonso sets the Mets rookie record for HRs after blasting his 27th today.
                                And Alonso breaks Judge's MLB rookie HR record with #53 on Saturday.
                                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X