No announcement yet.

2K24: New York Mets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Mets have fired pitching coach Dave Eiland and bullpen coach Chuck Hernandez.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Pete Alonso sets the Mets rookie record for HRs after blasting his 27th today.

Comment

• Deesha Thosar
        ‏ @DeeshaThosar
        8m8 minutes ago

Callaway asked Mets PR to remove the reporter from the clubhouse, saying "(the reporter) will be here tomorrow."

Guess who might not be here tomorrow? In my opinion, this altercation was chaotic enough to end Callaway's managerial tenure with the Mets.

Deesha Thosar
        ‏ @DeeshaThosar
        19m19 minutes ago

Mickey Callaway told a reporter to leave the clubhouse, calling the reporter a motherfu**er multiple times.

"Don't be a smartass, motherfu**er*," Callaway said.

Jason Vargas, defending his manager, said "I'll knock you the f**k out, bro."

Matt Ehalt
        ‏Verified account @MattEhalt
        51m51 minutes ago

Mickey says Diaz won't go 5 outs. Was defiant. Said that's their plan

When (I) asked if that plan needs to be malleable when guy had thrown 12 pitches in 8 days, he said: "Why? Because you think so?"

Also said Lugo can go 50 pitches.
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• I wonder what deGrom's thoughts were? How many freaking wins has he lost from that suck-ass bullpen the last 2 years?

Comment

• In fairness, the bullpen remains the issue (historically it was also absence of run support too). But that doesn’t give Callaway license to be a total jerk. The reporter is doing his job.

Reminds me of when they blackballed the reporter who made the joke about Bartolo (relative to Pineda’s pine tar... the reporter said if you check Bartolo you might find peanut butter). It’s such frat house behavior.

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
              Deesha Thosar
              ‏ @DeeshaThosar
              8m8 minutes ago

Callaway asked Mets PR to remove the reporter from the clubhouse, saying "(the reporter) will be here tomorrow."

Guess who might not be here tomorrow? In my opinion, this altercation was chaotic enough to end Callaway's managerial tenure with the Mets.

Deesha Thosar
              ‏ @DeeshaThosar
              19m19 minutes ago

Mickey Callaway told a reporter to leave the clubhouse, calling the reporter a motherfu**er multiple times.

"Don't be a smartass, motherfu**er*," Callaway said.

Jason Vargas, defending his manager, said "I'll knock you the f**k out, bro."

Matt Ehalt
              ‏Verified account @MattEhalt
              51m51 minutes ago

Mickey says Diaz won't go 5 outs. Was defiant. Said that's their plan

When (I) asked if that plan needs to be malleable when guy had thrown 12 pitches in 8 days, he said: "Why? Because you think so?"

Also said Lugo can go 50 pitches.
              thanks for explaining, now I understand what went down !
              --------------------------------------
              You know a girl in a hat is just so…vogue.

Comment

• Mike Francesa's rant after yesterday's game was epic.
                Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/BackAftaThis/sta...08808996909059
                  that's the rant.

meanwhile, the Mets are the first team to lose 5 consecutive games when they held a double-digit lead since the 2011..... yes, also the Mets.

Mets were 37-39, and holding those leads is 42-39.

blowing all 5 leads? they are now 37-44.

Mets TV and radio crews also have been skewering Cano for loafing - must seem odd to him, after many years of sycophant Yankees counterparts making lame excuses for him.

then again, does he care? it does not seem so. he gets paid either way.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

• The 69 team has a better chance than they do.

Comment

• Bad all the way around. Not that he has many alternatives, but Callaway shouldn’t be using Lugo in tight situations. Bad managing. And that’s on top of poor bullpen construction by Brodie. I am so frustrated by this team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                        I am so frustrated by this team.
                        there's a song from "Frozen" that might be worth heeding.

meanwhile a pal is trying to convince me to go to tomorrow night's game - the giveaway is 1969 Mets WS championship ring replicas.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

• In yesterday’s ceremony for the 1969 World Series winning squad, the Mets apparently listed two alive players during the “In Memoriam” segment. Only the Mets.....
                          Meet the Mets, meet the Mets, step right up and get killed on a jumbotron!With the Mets officially in full-blown dumpster fire mode yet again, my Mets Fan Senses were on high alert that something abso...

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                            In yesterday’s ceremony for the 1969 World Series winning squad, the Mets apparently listed two alive players during the “In Memoriam” segment. Only the Mets.....
                            https://www.barstoolsports.com/newyo...-the-1969-mets
                            Gives new meaning to DFA.

Comment

• Mets have won 7 in a row and 14 of their last 15, and are now a co-leader for the WC spot. Whoda thunk it?

Honestly, if they make the playoffs, that rotation could be devastating.

Comment

• Tim Tebow (finger) will miss the rest of the 2019 minor league season.

He suffered a severe cut on his left pinky finger on his throwing hand weeks ago and the Mets don't expect it to heal before the season ends. The 31-year-old outfielder is expected to return for the 2020 season. Before the injury he played 77 games at Triple-A and was not good to put it kindly. He slashed a woeful .163/.240/.255 with four home runs, 19 RBI and 2 stolen bases in 264 plate appearances. Any other 31-year-old with that stat line would be put out to pasture but Tebow sells tickets so he will get another chance.
                                Source: Tim Healey on Twitter
                                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X