Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
    you could.

Phils are banged up and Matz is a streaky streaky pitcher - not by game but by batter.
    if he gets 2 scoreless, he gets better.
    and if a slow start - well....
    What if it's H2H where you have 11 starts and he has 5?

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
      What if it's H2H where you have 11 starts and he has 5?
      In that situation why take a risk? Just go with your best options.

Comment

• i am superstitious about starting pitchers on monday night. i bet if you ran the statistics you'd find all pitchers fare the worst on monday night. my theory is it's the umpires that have to catch a flight out of town for the next game or something. smaller strikezone. as opposed to saturday and sunday when the games start earlier and you have more time. so monday bad, but sat and sunday good. ..also good players always shine on the weekend. there were guys like Edgar Renteria that always played good on the weekend.

starting pitchers on mondays sucks. if you do weekly lineups you pray the 2nd start makes it up. if you do daily and you start a pitcher monday night and he blows up you deserve it. if he pitches well you got lucky. and then when he pitches lights out sat and sunday, ..well that's expected. heh

DON'T PITCH YOUR PITCHERS MONDAY NIGHT!!

ps. tuesday and sunday 2 start weeks are ok

Comment

• The recent injury scare for Degrom has his owner shopping him to see if he can get full value in return. He is looking for me to give Kluber or Sale plus another significant piece, like a cheap Jose Leclerc or a top prospect. Both Sale and Kluber have their own issues so far, but I'm hesitant to give one of them plus another significant player for Degrom after his scare. Am I nuts? I love Degrom. He helped me win b2b titles. But is he, right now, worth Sale or Kluber plus a cheap Leclerc or a prospect such as Carter Kieboom in a keeper league? None if the aces are at keeper prices.

Comment

• I don't follow AL, but I think deGrom is fine
            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
              The recent injury scare for Degrom has his owner shopping him to see if he can get full value in return. He is looking for me to give Kluber or Sale plus another significant piece, like a cheap Jose Leclerc or a top prospect. Both Sale and Kluber have their own issues so far, but I'm hesitant to give one of them plus another significant player for Degrom after his scare. Am I nuts? I love Degrom. He helped me win b2b titles. But is he, right now, worth Sale or Kluber plus a cheap Leclerc or a prospect such as Carter Kieboom in a keeper league? None if the aces are at keeper prices.
              No, not IMO...deGrom is no better bet for health or success than Sale, who I do believe will come around. Boston wouldn't have given him that mega contract if they felt that he was anything less than 100% at this point in his career. If anything, the deGrom owner should be looking to add a piece to him in order to move him along.
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

The recent injury scare for Degrom has his owner shopping him to see if he can get full value in return. He is looking for me to give Kluber or Sale plus another significant piece, like a cheap Jose Leclerc or a top prospect. Both Sale and Kluber have their own issues so far, but I'm hesitant to give one of them plus another significant player for Degrom after his scare. Am I nuts? I love Degrom. He helped me win b2b titles. But is he, right now, worth Sale or Kluber plus a cheap Leclerc or a prospect such as Carter Kieboom in a keeper league? None if the aces are at keeper prices.
                If none of them are at keeper prices I would not add anything significant to make the trade. I certainly would not include Kieboom.

I think Kieboom should net you a pretty significant piece by himself. He would obviously need to be traded to a dumper and I do not believe that is what is happening here.

Comment

Not sure why you would give up either Kluber or Sale in a deal for deGrom.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                    Not sure why you would give up either Kluber or Sale in a deal for deGrom.
                    I agree - I'm not sure what the point of that trade would be. They all have similar risks and similar upside. If you are going to trade them then it seems like you'd be doing so because you are looking for a different set of skills.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                      I agree - I'm not sure what the point of that trade would be. They all have similar risks and similar upside. If you are going to trade them then it seems like you'd be doing so because you are looking for a different set of skills.
                      Agreed. If both of them would rather have the other, then a straight-up swap is fine. But including a closer or a top prospect like Kieboom is crazy talk.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                        Agreed. If both of them would rather have the other, then a straight-up swap is fine. But including a closer or a top prospect like Kieboom is crazy talk.
                        That is my stance, but I did have Degrom ranked higher in my auction prep. I guess I wanted to verify the gap between them hasnt grown because of Sale's and Klhber's early struggles. Some were pretty down on Sale lately.

Comment

• Just acquired Syndergaard for Jose Alvarado (keeper) and Moustakas (non keeper) along with several throw-ins. Syndergaard's peripherals look good - 10.6K/9, 2.2BB/9, 2.93 FIP. Velo is up at 98. He seems like a good buy "low" target.

Comment

• i'd view deGrom as a late 1st rd pick and Sale as a mid to late 2nd pick and Kluber as a early to mid 3rd. i worry a little about Kluber being a little older. he'll still get you more wins but deGrom is on a better Mets team this year, until they face a lefty. if i could include a closer i could afford to give up with Kluber i'd do it

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                              Just acquired Syndergaard for Jose Alvarado (keeper) and Moustakas (non keeper) along with several throw-ins. Syndergaard's peripherals look good - 10.6K/9, 2.2BB/9, 2.93 FIP. Velo is up at 98. He seems like a good buy "low" target.
                              I hope you're right. Most years, when I'm targeting an Ace at draft, I try to identify one who may drift to the bottom of the top tier. I thought Thor was getting overshadowed by deGrom's Cy Young year and could be had a few dollars less than the other aces. I was right. He was a few dollars cheaper to be had than I expected and I ended up with several shares of him. He's killing me. I'm starting to think he might be the most over-hyped SP in baseball. And I bit.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Dane View Post
                                I hope you're right. Most years, when I'm targeting an Ace at draft, I try to identify one who may drift to the bottom of the top tier. I thought Thor was getting overshadowed by deGrom's Cy Young year and could be had a few dollars less than the other aces. I was right. He was a few dollars cheaper to be had than I expected and I ended up with several shares of him. He's killing me. I'm starting to think he might be the most over-hyped SP in baseball. And I bit.
                                What numbers are you looking at to call him overrated. Based on the fundamentals, it seems like he's the same guy as previous years when he put up great numbers.

Comment

Working...
                                X