2K24: New York Mets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revo View Post
    Noah Syndergaard became the first pitcher since the late, great Bob Welch in 1983 to throw a 1-0 shutout and have the only run be his own HR.
    Bob Gibson did it SIX times!!
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
      Bob Gibson did it SIX times!!
      actually, Gibson never did it.

but he did have 6 CG where his homer or homers produced more runs than he allowed (you can do that with a HR in a 10-0 win, for instance). what Thor did was cooler (also done by Early Wynn and Red Ruffing among a few others) because there was no margin for error.
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
        actually, Gibson never did it.

but he did have 6 CG where his homer or homers produced more runs than he allowed (you can do that with a HR in a 10-0 win, for instance). what Thor did was cooler (also done by Early Wynn and Red Ruffing among a few others) because there was no margin for error.
        Ah that's not how they made it sound in the game I was watching, thanks for the clarification.
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• a little pedantic on my part, I confess.
          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
            a little pedantic on my part, I confess.
            Does pedantic mean dick?

Comment

31-year old Tim Tebow hitting .137 with a 40% K rate at AAA. Any other 31-year old player at AAA with those stats would have been banished by now. So that means I guess we'll be seeing Tebow in Flushing soon!
              What a waste of a minor league spot. Does he really sell that many jerseys?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                What a waste of a minor league spot. Does he really sell that many jerseys?
                "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Yoenis Cespedes broke both his ankles in an accident at his ranch and is obviously done for the season.

Comment

Yoenis Cespedes broke both his ankles in an accident at his ranch and is obviously done for the season.
                    Ouch. How did that happen?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                      Ouch. How did that happen?
                      Well, hard to say exactly, but I think it can be pinpointed to the day he signed with the Mets.

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                        Well, hard to say exactly, but I think it can be pinpointed to the day he signed with the Mets.
                        Nicely played.

Comment

bwahahahahaha

Apparently he fell into a hole. Coincidentally, the rest of the Mets were already down there with him.

Comment

Why am I laughing I own Cespedes in two leagues.

https://nypost.com/2019/05/20/maybe-...ly-are-cursed/

And how about Monday around the Mets? It was like watching your house burn down only to be informed, “Well, the good news is, your car was unharmed. Because it was stolen last night.”

Comment

• The Mets' Old Age Open is open for business! Rajai Davis & Carlos Gomez recalled, and Matt Kemp, Aaron Altherr & Ervin Santana signed off the scrap heap.

Comment

• So much for all the depth Brodie accumulates this off-season!

Comment

Working...
                                X