2K24: New York Mets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
    He wants to establish that he's a legitimate starting pitcher, and this may be the only MLB team that would even allow him to try. It's as close to a win as he's going to get.
    Texas keeps trotting out the corpse of Matt Moore every 5 days...just sayin'.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
      That certainly sounds like a winning situation for Harvey...bandbox ballpark and a crappy team behind him. WIN! WIN!!!
      looking forward to Harvey's first start at home - all fans in the OF seats will receive an authentic Reds batting helmet that must be worn at all times when the visitors bat!
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• I almost feel bad for Mets' fans after how excited they were after three weeks of baseball. Almost.

The Mets Didn't Bat In Order And It's A Miracle They Can Even Put On Their Uniforms Correctly

Asdrúbal Cabrera gave the Mets their first hit of the game today with a ground-rule double to shallow left field, which allowed Jay Bruce the chance to bring him home. However, as soon as Bruce stepped to the plate, he was called out, stranding Cabrera and ending the inning. It seems Mets manager Mickey Callaway…

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
          I almost feel bad for Mets' fans after how excited they were after three weeks of baseball. Almost.

The Mets Didn't Bat In Order And It's A Miracle They Can Even Put On Their Uniforms Correctly

https://deadspin.com/the-mets-didnt-...can-1825891949
          Every time I get annoyed with Yankees fans and think there cannot be anything that can bring us together, one of them does something like this and reminds me of the things we can agree upon.

Comment

• "Yoenis Cespedes’ comeback is again on hold.

The Mets outfielder left his minor-league rehab appearance for Double-A Binghamton at Trenton on Saturday with tightness in his right quadriceps, according to the team.

Cespedes, who was playing his first game in the outfield in his rehab stint, will be reevaluated by the Mets on Sunday."
            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• So brutal to watch my Mets these days. Horrible bullpen. Offense that’s completely AWOL. One prospect and he’s a 1B in AA.

DeGrom is the greatest. But my heart goes out to him.

Comment

• Thought for the day: why have the Mets not signed Hanley Ramirez to replace the carcass of Adrian Gonzalez? Seems a no brainer.

Comment

• The Mets are tied for the league in DL players.

Comment

• Read this from RW:

Joel Sherman of the New York Post reports that the Mets are considering demoting Michael Conforto to Triple-A Las Vegas.

Conforto is batting .175 with just one extra-base hit over his past 12 games, dragging his season line down to .219/.340/.365. Sherman writes that the team believes "an abbreviated spring training and/or the lingering impact from shoulder surgery have caused the downslide and that Conforto might benefit from a few weeks of steady Triple-A at-bats away from the Mets’ struggles." He could be sent down when Yoenis Cespedes (hip) returns from the DL, although Cespedes left his rehab game Saturday with a tight quad (the Mets say his removal was precautionary). What won't happen is Brandon Nimmo being sent down, as manager Mikey Callaway told Sherman that Nimmo will play every day even after Cespedes returns. Shedding Adrian Gonzalez and using Jay Bruce more at first base is also an option, and so is releasing Jose Reyes. There are many moving parts here, and Conforto looks to have some extra time following Cespedes' setback to convince the Mets he should stick around.

Comment

• Saw that too. Could make sense but doesn’t fix the myriad other problems.

Comment

• Originally posted by pitbull View Post
                        Read this from RW:
                        And this is why I avoid Mets with medical problems.
                        Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                        We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Yesterday was my first every trip to Citi Field. Really nice ballpark. It was my first trip to an MLB game in about 5 years.

The Mets put up a 3 spot in the first on a couple of home runs and stranded some Yankee runners. They looked like they were hustling unlike Judge who loped to the corner wondering how to play a single into a triple. But German settled down and the Mets forgot how to hit again. And the bullpen gave up the lead on two home runs. Once the Yankees brought in Robertson with a one-run lead in the 8th, I knew it was over.

On the way home, I turned to the person I went to the game with and said, "the Mets have a great team if this is 2008: Reyes, Adrian Gonzalez, Jay Bruce, Jose Bautista, Todd Frazier (I forgot Frazier didn't come up until '11). If this is 10 years ago, they have 150-200 HRs and 100 SBs. Of course, that's kind of the cardinal sin of team building both in fantasy baseball and in MLB. Those teams never win."
                          "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
                          "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

• I guess it's hard for Jose Reyes to play with a giant fork sticking out of his back. Seems like the Mets need more quad A guys (like, actual quad A guys, not guys like Reyes that they think can still play) so they don't have to keep dross like Reyes and A-Gon around just because Flores and every outfielder who ever wore a Mets' jersey is injured.

Nimmo looks really damn good. I can't wait for the Mets to screw him up.

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                              I guess it's hard for Jose Reyes to play with a giant fork sticking out of his back. Seems like the Mets need more quad A guys (like, actual quad A guys, not guys like Reyes that they think can still play) so they don't have to keep dross like Reyes and A-Gon around just because Flores and every outfielder who ever wore a Mets' jersey is injured.

Nimmo looks really damn good. I can't wait for the Mets to screw him up.
                              Gonzalez has been release. Smith being called up.

Comment

• Originally posted by pitbull View Post
                                Gonzalez has been release. Smith being called up.
                                Smith sucks. They should call up Peter Alonso.

Comment

Working...
                                X