2K24: New York Mets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by southcoast View Post
    Degrom is getting treatment for forearm tightness. MRI did not reveal any structural damage.
    Incredible that he can pitch so well, so consistently, while dealing with so many nagging injuries all season long.
    Today, the Mets placed Jacob deGrom on the 10-day IL.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• As devastating their loss to the Pirates was last night, the Mets return the favor today. Walker was terrible in the 1st inning, giving up 6 runs in 0.3 IP. He left w 2 runners on but the reliever stranded those and the Mets score 7 unanswered runs, winning it in the 9th on a 2-R HR by Conforto off of Rich Rodriguez who had a rare blown save.

Comment

• Mets deal with Rocker is on hold based on medical findings on Rocker's elbow. Given Mets medical performance in the past, it does beg the question as to whether they were really examining his pitching elbow or not.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
          Mets deal with Rocker is on hold based on medical findings on Rocker's elbow. Given Mets medical performance in the past, it does beg the question as to whether they were really examining his pitching elbow or not.
          yep, I'm looking forward to the coming press release that they've signed him after discovering that it was really only a cavity.
          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Carlos Carrasco finally back on Friday.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
              Carlos Carrasco finally back on Friday.
              Cookie!
              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• It’s too bad that DeGrom’s setback virtually takes him out of the running for MVP & Cy Young, which he could have won hands down.

Instead, it looks like Tatis in a runaway for MVP, and an epic all out brawl among 5-10 pitchers for the Cy.

Comment

• Tatis may get it but Machado shouldn’t be overlooked.

Comment

• Originally posted by FBP View Post
                    Tatis may get it but Machado shouldn’t be overlooked.
                    Not to get sidetracked, but at this point, I don’t think Machado finishes in the Top 5. Tatis has a 170 pt edge in OPS alone over him.

Comment

• According to Jeff Passan, the Mets won't sign 1st round pick Kumar Rocker due to concerns about his elbow.

More baffling is why they didn't take out an insurance policy on him, a standard procedure on high draft picks.

Comment

According to Jeff Passan, the Mets won't sign 1st round pick Kumar Rocker due to concerns about his elbow.

More baffling is why they didn't take out an insurance policy on him, a standard procedure on high draft picks.
                        Remind yourself which team we're talking about here.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                        Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                        Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

According to Jeff Passan, the Mets won't sign 1st round pick Kumar Rocker due to concerns about his elbow.

With TJ surgery practically being routine maintenance these days, you would think that the two sides could work something out here.
                          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                            With TJ surgery practically being routine maintenance these days, you would think that the two sides could work something out here.
                            Brady Aiken comes to mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                              It would be true, but you must recognize you misspelled Mets as "human" in your sig.
                              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Machado is leading the league in RBI last time I looked. His OPS is increasing and his defense is stellar. Tatis may be down. I would take the top 5 bet.

Comment

Working...
                                X