2K24: New York Mets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
    Mets announcer Todd Zeile, who reached the bigs as a C before moving to 1B-3B, explained recently that the Mets have decided that McCann - a very smart C - should make the choices on pitching decisions for both Lucchesi and Peterson.

small sample sizes, but these may not be coincidences.
    Good scoop, JJ. Thanks.

Comment

• And now the Mets place Joey Lucchesi on the 10-day IL with left elbow inflammation. I guess 5 innings was too much for him.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
        And now the Mets place Joey Lucchesi on the 10-day IL with left elbow inflammation. I guess 5 innings was too much for him.
        Because I rostered him this week
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• deGrom 33rd birthday today

he still expects to make his start on Monday; 7 IP likely will be a CG as it's another doubleheader
          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
            Because I rostered him this week
            I picked Lucchesi up this morning and he goes on the IL this afternoon. Badabing!
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• hey, I'm in last place this year for a reason! (ok, for a lot of reasons - some of them even intentional)

whatever I say, do the opposite - it worked for George Costanza
              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Contract question... If you sign a one year contract for 2021, what's it mean if you are ARB3 in 2022?

Thus, what's the contract status of E DIaz? Spotrac shows he signed a one year 7 million contract but also shows he's ARB3 in 2022 and a UFA in 2023. Is he going to be back next year?
                Same question with Lugo. says he signed a 2.925 million one year contract but shows he's ARB3 in 2022 and UFA in 2023.

Thinking of picking up Lugo in in deep NL only in the hope he might take the 9th inning job next year. TIA

Comment

• Both back next year and will go to arbitration, unless resigned to another deal, and then unrestricted free agents in 2023.
                  More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by southcoast View Post
                    Contract question... If you sign a one year contract for 2021, what's it mean if you are ARB3 in 2022?

Thus, what's the contract status of E DIaz? Spotrac shows he signed a one year 7 million contract but also shows he's ARB3 in 2022 and a UFA in 2023. Is he going to be back next year?
                    Same question with Lugo. says he signed a 2.925 million one year contract but shows he's ARB3 in 2022 and UFA in 2023.

Thinking of picking up Lugo in in deep NL only in the hope he might take the 9th inning job next year. TIA
                    Arb3 means final year of arbitration eligibility before becoming a UFA (unrestricted free agent). So Diaz still a Met.

Comment

• DeGrom lowered his ERA to 0.50 tonite. Modern MLB record is 0.96 by Dutch Leonard in 1914.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
                        DeGrom lowered his ERA to 0.50 tonite. Modern MLB record is 0.96 by Dutch Leonard in 1914.
                        Someone needs to check out what kinda sunscreen he uses. I kid, I kid. The dude is truly amazing.

Comment

• Steve Gelbs of SNY reports that an MRI on Joey Lucchesi's left elbow revealed a "significant" ulnar collateral ligament tear. See you in 2023.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                            Steve Gelbs of SNY reports that an MRI on Joey Lucchesi's left elbow revealed a "significant" ulnar collateral ligament tear. See you in 2023.
                            And Robert Gsellman has a lat tear that will cost him 2 months.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                              And Robert Gsellman has a lat tear that will cost him 2 months.
                              Really? Wow. Thor better hurry back fast. We need an arm, any arm. Preferably attached with a functional UCL, an intact lat, etc.

Comment

• Why is nobody signing Anibal Sanchez?

Comment

Working...
                                X