2K24: New York Mets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
    OUCH! Just the same, I'm convinced the Mets have no idea whatsoever how to develop prospects. They are the anti-Cardinals in that sense.
    Jose Reyes, David Wright, Daniel Murphy, Bobby Parnell, and Matt Harvey might disagree with you. And Ike Davis appeared to be on his way to a successful career until his bout with Valley Fever. Yes, the Mets have struggled for a combination of reasons (forfeiture of draft picks due to FA signings in the Phillips-Duquette-Minaya era, aggressive promotion philosophy, media overhyping/over-pressuring, etc.). But they have been better at developing and promoting talent, in recent years.
    2021 Auction Anatomy
    2021 Keeper Decisions
    2020 Auction Anatomy
    2020 Pre-Auction
    2015 Auction Anatomy
    2014 Auction Anatomy
    2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
    RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

MLBDepthCharts lists these scrubs as making the team (they list one more backup hitter than most teams):

C Recker
      MI Quintanilla
      1B/OF Andrew Brown
      1B/OF Duda
      CI Satin
      OF Lagares

In deep NL-only leagues, how would you rank Brown, Satin, Lagares if you had to have 'em for $1?

Comment

Originally posted by james33 View Post
        MLBDepthCharts lists these scrubs as making the team (they list one more backup hitter than most teams):

C Recker
        MI Quintanilla
        1B/OF Andrew Brown
        1B/OF Duda
        CI Satin
        OF Lagares

In deep NL-only leagues, how would you rank Brown, Satin, Lagares if you had to have 'em for $1?
        Lagares
        Satin
        Brown

Lagares has the glove to play. And he's not awful at the plate. I like Satin's bat more, but where will he play?

Comment

Lagares is still vying for the starting job in CF, which would send Eric Young to the bench. I'd personally rather see Lagares and his Defense starting most days, with Young as a super sub around the OF and at 2B, but Collins seems to love having Young leadoff, so I'm not sure which way they'll go.

Satin will likely platoon with Ike Davis (or Duda if Ike struggles yet again) at 1B, but he's on the bad side of the platoon.

Brown is just a bench bat.

I agree with the order Joncarlos listed them.

Comment

I thought I read that Lagares is primary LF with Eric Young as the fourth OF but mlbdepthcharts list EY as the primary with Lagares as the bench player.
            Which is correct?

Comment

Lots of twitter scouts reporting that Parnell looks awful. Speculate on Valverde I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by whalewang View Post
                I thought I read that Lagares is primary LF with Eric Young as the fourth OF but mlbdepthcharts list EY as the primary with Lagares as the bench player.
                Which is correct?
                They seem to want EY's speed at the leadoff spot. My guess is MLB is wrong.

Comment

If EY can cut it at 2B, why not play him there, move Murphy to 1B, and dispense with most of the Davis/Duda/Satin/Whoever mess?
                  Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                  -- William James

Comment

Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
                    If EY can cut it at 2B, why not play him there, move Murphy to 1B, and dispense with most of the Davis/Duda/Satin/Whoever mess?
                    Because Young has been tried at 2B repeatedly, and he's never cut it.

Comment

Originally posted by whalewang View Post
                      Which is correct?
                      If Lagares plays, he'll be in CF as there may not be a better defensive CFer in the NL.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                        If Lagares plays, he'll be in CF as there may not be a better defensive CFer in the NL.
                        carlos gomez?
                        "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                          Lots of twitter scouts reporting that Parnell looks awful. Speculate on Valverde I guess.
                          His FB velocity started at 89 MPH and eventually got up to 91 MPH, but that is a far cry from the triple digits he used to hit. This sounds similar to how Peyton Manning lost throwing velocity when he first came back from neck surgery, and eventually got stronger (but never all the way back).

Originally posted by revo View Post
                          Bourjos might disagree with you, but as a Mets fan, I'll be more than happy with Lagares stellar D, if his bat holds up.
                          2021 Auction Anatomy
                          2021 Keeper Decisions
                          2020 Auction Anatomy
                          2020 Pre-Auction
                          2015 Auction Anatomy
                          2014 Auction Anatomy
                          2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
                          RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

Originally posted by ThatRogue View Post
                            Bourjos might disagree with you, but as a Mets fan, I'll be more than happy with Lagares stellar D, if his bat holds up.
                            He might, but let's see if he can stay on the field this season.

Comment

Originally posted by bryanbutler View Post
                              carlos gomez?
                              UZR/150 Innings, 2013 (with players >300 Innings)
                              Lagares - 33.1 (1st)
                              CGomez - 27.2 (4th)
                              Bourjos - -1.2 (28th)

Lagares also has the highest rated arm in CF on Fangraphs, and it isn't even close (12.3 to LMartin's 6.9).

Comment

Aaron Hicks will enter this conversation, as long as his bat allows him to stay on the field.
                                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                                -Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                                X