No announcement yet.

2K24: Milwaukee Brewers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy about the Ruiz callup. Frelick not called, though Mitchell was earlier. Will be interesting to see how Milwaukee handles that outfield next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharky View Post
      Happy about the Ruiz callup. Frelick not called, though Mitchell was earlier. Will be interesting to see how Milwaukee handles that outfield next year.
      Frelick not being called doesn't surprise me at all. And agree on the outfield - Cutch is only on a one-year deal, and Renfroe is in his final year of arb and will probably get a raise up to the $12-15 mil area. My betting line is they'll let the young guys play next year, let Cutch go and trade Renfroe, and plow the savings into signing at least one of Burnes or Woodruff.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• What gives? The Brew Crew called up Esteury Ruiz but haven’t given him a single at bat (or inning as a defensive replacement)!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharky View Post
          What gives? The Brew Crew called up Esteury Ruiz but haven’t given him a single at bat (or inning as a defensive replacement)!
          He had 4 ABs on Saturday.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
            He had 4 ABs on Saturday.
            Oh. Facts.

Thanks for correcting. Still seems more about “the experience” than the ABs.

Comment

• Ruiz goes back down to AAA.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                Ruiz goes back down to AAA.
                Word on local sports radio was that if the Brewers weren't in a chase for the final wild card slot, they'd have played him a lot more. Admittedly, he didn't get much of a look, but even in the limited data base they had, he did nothing to impress offensively or defensively, and it's not really hard to see that both Taylor and Mitchell are much more MLB game ready right now.

Comment

• Nice comeback win for the Brewers tonite, keeping their slim playoff hopes alive. They scored 3 runs in the 9th to send it into extras. For some reason, after the DBacks took a 1-run lead in the top of the 10th, they had Carson Kelly, a catcher, pitch the 10th and he didnt retire a single batter and lost the game. The DBacks had only used 2 RPs so I dont know why they used Kelly but the Brewers were appreciative.

Edit: Playoff hopes ended anyway as the Phillies won. I guess everything is determined by tiebreak now. It used to be that if 2 teams finished w the same record they'd play a 1-game playoff to decide which team got in but I guess this isnt the case now.
                  Last edited by rhd; 10-03-2022, 10:27 PM.

Comment

• Press conference in 15 min...but this is a shock.

Comment

• Disappointing but not entirely surprising. I suspect this means the whole Mets thing had some fire behind the smoke, though I'd think that ship has sailed. He's under contract for one more year, so my guess is the Brewers are angling to get compensation from some team that wants Stearns while moving on.

Comment

• Brewers decline Boxberger's $3 mil option, so he becomes a FA.

Comment

• Corbin Burnes reportedly has hired Scott Boras as his agent. Burnes reportedly had contentious arbitration discussions w the Brewers and publicly expressed his displeasure. So the rumor is that he is not going to resign w the Brewers. Cot's Contracts indicates he currently is signed thru 2023 and is making $10.01 mil this year. Anyone closer to this situation able to provide more insight?

Comment

• Hiura & Naquin both not making the OD roster, and both are out of options.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
                              Corbin Burnes reportedly has hired Scott Boras as his agent. Burnes reportedly had contentious arbitration discussions w the Brewers and publicly expressed his displeasure. So the rumor is that he is not going to resign w the Brewers. Cot's Contracts indicates he currently is signed thru 2023 and is making $10.01 mil this year. Anyone closer to this situation able to provide more insight?
                              Sounds just like the relationship that Gerrit Cole had with the Pirates ownership. I'm not close to the Burnes/Brewers situation, but it sounds like he is going...going...gone.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                                Hiura & Naquin both not making the OD roster, and both are out of options.
                                Didn’t Naquin sign a minor league contract with the Brewers? If so, they don’t need to option him, though I think he can opt out if he’s not on the major league roster as of either opening day, May 1st or June 1st. I may be misremembering the way that works, though.
                                2021 Auction Anatomy
                                2021 Keeper Decisions
                                2020 Auction Anatomy
                                2020 Pre-Auction
                                2015 Auction Anatomy
                                2014 Auction Anatomy
                                2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
                                RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

Working...
                                X