No announcement yet.

2K24: Milwaukee Brewers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wade Miley tore his groin (OUCH in more ways than one).

Anyone think Corbin Burnes could sneak his way into the rotation now? Or are we looking at some schlub like Junior Guerra?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
      Wade Miley tore his groin (OUCH in more ways than one).

Anyone think Corbin Burnes could sneak his way into the rotation now? Or are we looking at some schlub like Junior Guerra?
      Is Brandon Woodruff still in the mix? I know he's had a rough spring, but his last start was promising.
      "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
      "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
      "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

• Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
        Is Brandon Woodruff still in the mix? I know he's had a rough spring, but his last start was promising.
        I think their current rotation is:

Anderson
        Chacin
        Davies
        hot mess

Options include Woodruff, Brent Suter (who has been bad in ST and is also bad in general), Nelson (DL), Burnes, the other crappy guy they signed for no reason (apparently that would be Gallardo), Guerra, and making Hader start. I think if I had to handicap the first couple weeks of the season I'd go Suter and Guerra, but Woodruff or Burnes could easily overtake them pretty quickly.

Comment

• I had Suter sort of penciled in as 4th man, as did Fangraphs Depth Charts. Guerra was ineffective last year. I never understood why he was the presumptive last man. Woodruff has been said to have better velocity in camp, but others claim it was the gun. Isn't Yovani Gallardo still around? I guess you said he is.

In any event, the OF defense behind them will make them look better.

J
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• It is scary when your rotation is three guys plus a hot mess and one of the three guys is Chacin.

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
              It is scary when your rotation is three guys plus a hot mess and one of the three guys is Chacin.
              What's scary is how good Woodruff and Burnes can be but they dont want to try it for whatever reason. Not like they arent trying to compete. Second thought is that Broxton has got to be being shopped hard right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                It is scary when your rotation is three guys plus a hot mess and one of the three guys is Chacin.
                I think he can be OK, but that park won't do him any favors.

I do think they want to give the veterans the first crack, but I also think they'll have them on a pretty short leash if it doesn't work out.

Comment

• I don't think the park is that big a factor. Miller only shades to the hitters. The OF defense will have an impact and the IF defense will be better up the middle. The pitching will get the credit.

J
                  Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                    I don't think the park is that big a factor. Miller only shades to the hitters. The OF defense will have an impact and the IF defense will be better up the middle. The pitching will get the credit.

J
                    He's a righty who has had HR problems in a park that is great for HR. I am avoiding him.

Comment

• We're talking about the same Jhoulys Chacin that was in SD last year, right? The guy with an ADP about #350? You're avoiding him at that ranking?

J
                      Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

• Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
                        He's being considered, but his command has the coaching staff concerned. His velocity has been excellent. As a Brewer fan, I think he's their best option for the #4 slot. As a fantasy whore, I'm hoping he'll be sent to AAA ball so I can get him on my reserve/minors roster.

My gut read is MLB's depth charts has it right - Suter and Guerra will start the season as the #4/5 SPs, with Gallardo in the pen and Woodruff in AAA ball.
                        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• With just a few days left until the season opens, both Santana and Broxton still find themselves in Milwaukee. While neither have distinguished themselves this spring, if both make the OD roster, they're going to get some ABs.

Is anyone downgrading this whole crew -- Yelich, Cain, Braun, Santana, Broxton, Thames? With this depth, it's certainly possible they give even Yelich and Cain a day off every week or so, leading to potentially 50+ less PAs.

Broxton looks like he's the most squeezed out, followed by Thames. Is Braun really going to play some 1B? Does anyone really know what the heck is going on?

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                            With just a few days left until the season opens, both Santana and Broxton still find themselves in Milwaukee. While neither have distinguished themselves this spring, if both make the OD roster, they're going to get some ABs.

Is anyone downgrading this whole crew -- Yelich, Cain, Braun, Santana, Broxton, Thames? With this depth, it's certainly possible they give even Yelich and Cain a day off every week or so, leading to potentially 50+ less PAs.

Broxton looks like he's the most squeezed out, followed by Thames. Is Braun really going to play some 1B? Does anyone really know what the heck is going on?
                            I cut my $4 Broxton in our deep NL only 12 team. I don't see him getting 300 abs.

Not sure about Thames, but he was bad second half and been bad in Spring so why would they play him? I don't think I want to even end game him for a buck or two.

Santana would be great on another team, that is not gong to happen. I would take a flier if he was cheap enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                              With just a few days left until the season opens, both Santana and Broxton still find themselves in Milwaukee. While neither have distinguished themselves this spring, if both make the OD roster, they're going to get some ABs.

Braun started at 1B twice this week (Sunday and Thursday). I've been assuming Braun will be the primary 1B with Santana starting almost every day in the outfield.

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                                Braun started at 1B twice this week (Sunday and Thursday). I've been assuming Braun will be the primary 1B with Santana starting almost every day in the outfield.
                                I read that Braun will play 1B against LHP and Thames to play against RHP with Braun going to LF. So assuming that if that is true then Santana plays LF when Braun is at 1B and plays LF when Braun is not playing. Not sure how Cain and Yelich getting time off will work out. This also impacts Perez PT as he played 88 games in the OF last season. RotoWire site still projecting Santana to get almost 500 AB but I have a hard time seeing that unless there is an injury.

Comment

Working...
                                X