X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
    All your Yelichs are ours
    I remember the day I claimed him on waivers. :sigh:

He really does look like Paul Sporer, poor guy.

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post

J
      So he's a rich man's Paul Sporer?

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post

J
        Yes he does.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
          fixed
          Thank you, it must have been the apricot soju
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
            Thank you, it must have been the apricot soju
            Did anyone archive that thread from the old site? It was classic!
            2021 Auction Anatomy
            2021 Keeper Decisions
            2020 Auction Anatomy
            2020 Pre-Auction
            2015 Auction Anatomy
            2014 Auction Anatomy
            2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
            RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

• Originally posted by ThatRogue View Post
              Did anyone archive that thread from the old site? It was classic!
              Not the thread but here is the quote:

Now I'm completely plwoed at the moment as a reuslt of my neighbor comign back from Japan tonight and giving me a dammed waterlglass of %&^&$*%^( aprciot soju to drink without tellign me that the %&^* is 180 proof, so my frame of mnid mitght be a bit off-- nobody should be thid drunk off of somethinf that tastes like aprico9ts... but waht do odds means whenh you can';t figure out the qusetion. We don';t undrerstand the universe, so putting odds onn things that occur within it is what....? Stupid. Just not a good idea, it isn';t. Dumb and bad too do whath you don't knoww about. Silly, like not smart from sdmart enough people.- Bhob Kohm

Bob, I hope all is well with you and yours.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                Not the thread but here is the quote:

Now I'm completely plwoed at the moment as a reuslt of my neighbor comign back from Japan tonight and giving me a dammed waterlglass of %&^&$*%^( aprciot soju to drink without tellign me that the %&^* is 180 proof, so my frame of mnid mitght be a bit off-- nobody should be thid drunk off of somethinf that tastes like aprico9ts... but waht do odds means whenh you can';t figure out the qusetion. We don';t undrerstand the universe, so putting odds onn things that occur within it is what....? Stupid. Just not a good idea, it isn';t. Dumb and bad too do whath you don't knoww about. Silly, like not smart from sdmart enough people.- Bhob Kohm

Bob, I hope all is well with you and yours.

Reading this always used to make me laugh out loud...and apparently it still does!
                2021 Auction Anatomy
                2021 Keeper Decisions
                2020 Auction Anatomy
                2020 Pre-Auction
                2015 Auction Anatomy
                2014 Auction Anatomy
                2011 Auction Anatomy

Comment

• Lorenzo Cain recently strained his calf in batting practice and is expected to miss one or two weeks, reports Robert Murray of FanSided. The injury is believed to be “very minor,” but the Brewers will be cautious in bringing the veteran center fielder back to action.
                  Im sure cain will come right back in 2 weeks and put JBJ on the bench

Comment

• Originally posted by ThatRogue View Post

Reading this always used to make me laugh out loud...and apparently it still does!
                    Sweet. Now we just need the mother-in-law meatloaf story.

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                      Sweet. Now we just need the mother-in-law meatloaf story.
                      Ah yes! Pete's (Hammer) story is one of the funniest ever on the site...a true classic. And she eventually married him (as I recall, the pot roast incident happened when they were just dating).

Edited-to-add: Pete brought over a summarized version of the original story...here's the link:
                      http://forum.rotojunkiefix.com/showt...-you-on-a-date
                      Last edited by ThatRogue; 03-06-2021, 06:15 AM.
                      2021 Auction Anatomy
                      2021 Keeper Decisions
                      2020 Auction Anatomy
                      2020 Pre-Auction
                      2015 Auction Anatomy
                      2014 Auction Anatomy
                      2011 Auction Anatomy

Comment

• Watching Freddy Peralta throw out there and I don't know if I've ever seen batters look this utterly confounded. Too bad the guy can't throw six innings a game because his stuff is absolutely electric. Have to wonder if he might be near the top of the list of guys who could benefit (somehow) by an overall decrease in starters' IP this year. Peralta just struck out 7 in 2 2/3 in relief.
                        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                          Watching Freddy Peralta throw out there and I don't know if I've ever seen batters look this utterly confounded. Too bad the guy can't throw six innings a game because his stuff is absolutely electric. Have to wonder if he might be near the top of the list of guys who could benefit (somehow) by an overall decrease in starters' IP this year. Peralta just struck out 7 in 2 2/3 in relief.
                          I am on my work computer so I can't check the rosters. I would be shocked if our local Brewers homer does not own him. I wouldn't mind him on my roster.

Comment

Watching Freddy Peralta throw out there and I don't know if I've ever seen batters look this utterly confounded. Too bad the guy can't throw six innings a game because his stuff is absolutely electric. Have to wonder if he might be near the top of the list of guys who could benefit (somehow) by an overall decrease in starters' IP this year. Peralta just struck out 7 in 2 2/3 in relief.
                            I have always felt this way about him and I have rostered him pretty much every year with the hope he would pull a Corbin Burnes, but he never did. If only he had an identical twin or clone that could pitch like him, one could pitch the first 3 innings and go to the locker room and the other one can come out for the next three. Together, they could contend for a Cy Young.

Comment

He started on that slider in 2019, and really progressed it last year, and it looks even better now. Gives him a very solid second pitch. He's always had an excellent fastball - not just quality velocity, but also movement and command. With a second pitch that's progressed to not very good to not bad to ok to good, he's become a guy that can absolutely crush 2-3 innings.

Given two of the Brewer starters are Lindblom and Brett Anderson...well, let's just say I'm recommending Freddy in all deeper league formats.
                              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                                He started on that slider in 2019, and really progressed it last year, and it looks even better now. Gives him a very solid second pitch. He's always had an excellent fastball - not just quality velocity, but also movement and command. With a second pitch that's progressed to not very good to not bad to ok to good, he's become a guy that can absolutely crush 2-3 innings.

Given two of the Brewer starters are Lindblom and Brett Anderson...well, let's just say I'm recommending Freddy in all deeper league formats.
                                So you believe he’ll be in the rotation at some point? And stick?

Comment

Working...
                                X