Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 LastLast

Thread: 2K20: Milwaukee Brewers

Hmmm. So a few thoughts ...
    That article and analysis is from 2014. I'm wondering about the point chance made that presumably treatment has improved affecting recovery times. But the sample sizes are rather small ... There simply aren't that many hamate injuries that we can establish any recent trends, at least not reliably.
    But it's pretty clear that the stigma attached to players recovering from this injury are well understood, at least by anyone who follows the game regularly. Could this least to someone like Urias actually being undervalued in most auctions this spring? It would be a gamble, but maybe a good one ...

Down the river ..................from PNC Park
    Quote Originally Posted by cavebird View Post
    Geez, why didn't anyone mention this last year? I was out on him, too.
    Because Gregg hates us.

Quote Originally Posted by TranaGreg View Post
    Hmmm. So a few thoughts ...
    That article and analysis is from 2014. I'm wondering about the point chance made that presumably treatment has improved affecting recovery times. But the sample sizes are rather small ... There simply aren't that many hamate injuries that we can establish any recent trends, at least not reliably.
    But it's pretty clear that the stigma attached to players recovering from this injury are well understood, at least by anyone who follows the game regularly. Could this least to someone like Urias actually being undervalued in most auctions this spring? It would be a gamble, but maybe a good one ...
    I think he will be undervalued, especially since the Brewers are really downplaying him being ready for the start of the season.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by chancellor View Post
    I think he will be undervalued, especially since the Brewers are really downplaying him being ready for the start of the season.
    That is weird, in a way, because even those who believe the hamate thing say it affects power. And Urias doesn't really have any power anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by cavebird View Post
    That is weird, in a way, because even those who believe the hamate thing say it affects power. And Urias doesn't really have any power anyway.
    Actually he tore up AAA with a .600 slg last year. I was extremely surprised. Like you, I had thought he had no power.

Down the river ..................from PNC Park
    Josh Hader lost his arbitration case and will make $4.1 million after asking for $6.4 million. I'm surprised he didn't win as Hader's request seemed reasonable enough and a lot of less talented closers are making a lot more than that.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by madducks View Post
    Josh Hader lost his arbitration case and will make $4.1 million after asking for $6.4 million. I'm surprised he didn't win as Hader's request seemed reasonable enough and a lot of less talented closers are making a lot more than that.
    Arbitration is a bit silly. Old school stats prevailed. If he were far worse and had more saves, he might have won.

Brock Holt? I just don't get it, unless it was a really cheap deal. Or unless Urias' rehab is going very slowly and/or much worse than suspected.

Quote Originally Posted by chancellor View Post
    Brock Holt? I just don't get it, unless it was a really cheap deal. Or unless Urias' rehab is going very slowly and/or much worse than suspected.
    26th man I guess? Hernan Perez is on the Cubs now so Holt is just the aggro version of Perez.

Brewers sign Freddy Peralta to a 5 year/15.5 million deal with two possible option years.