2K24: Milwaukee Brewers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
    Brewers have come to agreement with Yelich on a long-term extension.
    Oh, wow, great get by the Brewers. If you are gonna spend on a guy, a still relatively young super stud hitter ain't a bad place to do it!

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
      I think our league is being ultra conservative with the shortened season. Yelich is borderline keeper with our $260 budget and various salary caps.
      Great gets! I like Kieboom, but that is a really good haul for him.

Comment

Just traded my $5 Kieboom and a throw in (Cron 4A) for Yelich $53B and Daniel Murphy (14B) to make a run. Yelich needs to run some.
        Nice anti-jink! SB tonight.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
        Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
        Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
          Nice anti-jink! SB tonight.
          Yelich has been fine lately, just a rough first week

Comment

• Brewers have decided not to play their game with the Reds tonight, deciding to sit out due to the Jacob Blake killing.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
              Brewers have decided not to play their game with the Reds tonight, deciding to sit out due to the Jacob Blake killing.
              Excellent.
              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Next year will be Ryan Braun's age 37 season. Will the Brewers pay the $20 million option or the $4 million buyout?
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                  Next year will be Ryan Braun's age 37 season. Will the Brewers pay the $20 million option or the $4 million buyout?
                  I believe they'll buy him out, but it's no slam dunk. Given the disaster of the Smoak signing and the uncertainty around Vogelbach, they may pay him and have him play 1B next year. Part of it also hinges on how real they believe Gyorko's resurgence has been. And part also hinges on how conservative Mark Attansio needs to be financially given COVID issues. He's prepped very well financially, but the Brewers really depend on people coming to games more than most other teams for income.
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I believe they'll buy him out, but it's no slam dunk. Given the disaster of the Smoak signing and the uncertainty around Vogelbach, they may pay him and have him play 1B next year. Part of it also hinges on how real they believe Gyorko's resurgence has been. And part also hinges on how conservative Mark Attansio needs to be financially given COVID issues. He's prepped very well financially, but the Brewers really depend on people coming to games more than most other teams for income.
                    Seems like the Brewers got old really fast.

Comment

Seems like the Brewers got old really fast.
                      Certainly on the hitting side.

Comment

• Devin Williams:
                        94 Batters Faced
                        52 Strikeouts
                        6 Hits Allowed

Comment

• The Brewers and center fielder Jackie Bradley Jr. are in agreement on a two-year, $24MM contract.

Should be interesting to see how the OF shakes out between Bradley, cain and garcia, but I would bet that cain is the big loser of AB here.

Comment

• Brewers are making a real commitment to defensive improvement...but, yeah, this will really screw up all three of Avasail, Cain, and JBJ's fantasy value.

Comment

Brewers are making a real commitment to defensive improvement...but, yeah, this will really screw up all three of Avasail, Cain, and JBJ's fantasy value.
                              What do you think the AB breakdown will be?

Comment

• odd dynamic with two players on contracts that end this year who will want PT

Comment

Working...
                                X