2K24: Milwaukee Brewers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
    Hiura optioned to AAA once again after going 2-for-29 with 16 strikeouts. Dude is turrrrribe and every bust of the year convo should include him near the top.
    Yeah, I mean I knew the kid had some strikeout issues but holy frijoles!
    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Brewers 3B Travis Shaw dislocated his left shoulder while diving to field a hard-hit ground ball and had to be carted off the field. So, he's going to be out for a while.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Brewers get Rowdy Tellez from the Jays for Trevor Richards and another minor leaguer.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
          Brewers get Rowdy Tellez from the Jays for Trevor Richards and another minor leaguer.
          Seems like a good trade for both teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
            Seems like a good trade for both teams.
            Agree. Short term, the Brewers need help at 1B. I think Richards could be a very good longer term pitcher for the Blue Jays - he was struggling with his change location while with Milwaukee, but it sure looks like a plus-plus pitch if he gets it figured out.

Comment

• According to Milwaukee manager Craig Counsel, the Brewers will continue to deploy tandem pairings to pitch games for the rest of the season in order to keep starting pitchers fresh.

On July 23 Freddy Peralta was pulled after just four innings with Adrian Houser coming in to relieve him. This evidently will be a regular occurrence going forward. "I think we'll probably split up a start again, still kind of working through an exact day on it, but we'll do it again," Counsell stated. The Brewers manager went on to say that the tandem would not be with Freddy Peralta, but that to expect this moving forward in order to improve recovery time for Milwaukee pitchers.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Despite being vaccinated, Christian Yelich tested positive for COVID and will be out at least 10 days.

Comment

Despite being vaccinated, Christian Yelich tested positive for COVID and will be out at least 10 days.
                  The way Yelich has been playing this year, that's a pretty good break for the Brewers!

Comment

• My initial reaction to Escobar getting dealt to the Brewers was positive, as I have him and that is a better team, but I'm not sure where he plays. Is he gonna be a utility guy? It is safe to assume he gets every day ABs, right?

Comment

• Brewers get Eduardo Escobar for two minor leaguers. Rumored to be Alberto Ciprian and Cooper Hummel. Neither were highly ranked in the Brewer system.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                        My initial reaction to Escobar getting dealt to the Brewers was positive, as I have him and that is a better team, but I'm not sure where he plays. Is he gonna be a utility guy? It is safe to assume he gets every day ABs, right?
                        Suspect he'll go to 1B, with Tellez rotating in as the other three infielders get days off. Plus, the deal provides critical depth - Wong has been on the DL twice this year. I suspect he'll play 2B and 3B some of the time, too.

Comment

• great get by the Brewers, gonna be a tough team come the playoffs.
                          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                            great get by the Brewers, gonna be a tough team come the playoffs.
                            I'm really happy - gives them more legit power in the middle of their lineup, and the cost wasn't high. Plus, given injuries and COVID risk, his capability to play anywhere except SS is really valuable. We're both fortunate - have GMs that are doing some seriously good work.

Texted a buddy of mine who's more up on the minor leaguers than I am, and he thinks the D-Backs will move Hummel to 1B or RF. He's got an excellent eye and some power, but he's not a good defensive C. But he's hitting really well in AAA right now. But the Brewers have more depth to move if they want to get some additional help in the bullpen. They've been working Brent Suter harder than a rented mule, so I hope they can get one more decent pitcher in the bullpen.

Comment

Suspect he'll go to 1B, with Tellez rotating in as the other three infielders get days off. Plus, the deal provides critical depth - Wong has been on the DL twice this year. I suspect he'll play 2B and 3B some of the time, too.
                              Won't he stay at 3rd? It's really been kind of a black hole for the Brewers since Shaw went back to being a pumpkin. And Rowdy is stating to hit a bit now, they they should be able to use Urias as a Utility guy.
                              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                              -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                                Won't he stay at 3rd? It's really been kind of a black hole for the Brewers since Shaw went back to being a pumpkin. And Rowdy is stating to hit a bit now, they they should be able to use Urias as a Utility guy.
                                Yup, that's certainly possible. I do know they like the defense with Adames at SS and Urias at 3B, but you're right about Tellez running hot right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X