2K24: Milwaukee Brewers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
    Brewers outfield takes another hit as they place Lorenzo Cain on the 10-day IL list with a left quad strain.
    Corbin Burnes is showing he don't need no stinking outfielders.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Corbin Burnes is the first pitcher since 1906 to have 30+ Ks with 0 BBs in his first 3 starts of the season.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
        Corbin Burnes is the first pitcher since 1906 to have 30+ Ks with 0 BBs in his first 3 starts of the season.
        That walk rate, at this point, has to be surprising to everyone. If any of the writers had 0 BBs through the first 3 starts that would be an absurd bold prediction.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
          Corbin Burnes is the first pitcher since 1906 to have 30+ Ks with 0 BBs in his first 3 starts of the season.
          Who did it in 1906?
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
            Who did it in 1906?
            best I can tell, nobody ... closest I can tell from scanning BR is Cy Young who took 5 games to get 22 Ks with no BBs, but I can't find anyone close to 30 Ks in 3 games ...
            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
              best I can tell, nobody ... closest I can tell from scanning BR is Cy Young who took 5 games to get 22 Ks with no BBs, but I can't find anyone close to 30 Ks in 3 games ...
              I agree I think this was "I looked back 115 years and just didn't have time to look more"

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                Who did it in 1906?
                OK, seems whoever posted the "since 1906" actually meant "since the start of the modern era." Us VDers know 1906 was not the start of the "modern era," so whoever dug this one up really means "ever."

Burnes also is the first pitcher to have a streak of three consecutive 6+ IP games with 2 or less baserunners, and only one of three pitchers to have a streak of 3 consecutive games with 6+ IP, <2 Hits Allowed and 9+ Ks.

Comment

• Brewers finally place OF Christian Yelich on the 10-day IL with back tightness. He hasn't played since April 11. So, i guess the IL time will be backdated (no pun intended).
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• If Urias is going to keep throwing like that, the Brewers need a taller first baseman than Hiura.

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                      If Urias is going to keep throwing like that, the Brewers need a taller first baseman than Hiura.
                      I don't think Giannis could have caught that last one.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                        I don't think Giannis could have caught that last one.
                        Shaq? And he wouldn't have to worry about getting run over like Hiura did on the first one.

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                          Shaq? And he wouldn't have to worry about getting run over like Hiura did on the first one.
                          LOL...maybe. Hiura at 1B is one of the reasons the Brewers like Shaw at 3B. Shaw makes solid throws that are pretty easy to field.

Comment

• Brewers strategy of dealing with the Cubs: start Brett Anderson, follow with Josh Lindblom, and hope the Cubs injure one another fighting to get to the batters box.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                              Brewers strategy of dealing with the Cubs: start Brett Anderson, follow with Josh Lindblom, and hope the Cubs injure one another fighting to get to the batters box.

Hey, they found the Cubs' weakness...they have a weakness for doubles.
                              If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
                                Hey, they found the Cubs' weakness...they have a weakness for doubles.
                                Wear 'em out for Saturday and Sunday....

They're lucky jets from O'Hare aren't routing that way today since Baez's missile might have taken one down.

Comment

Working...
                                X