2K24: Milwaukee Brewers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
    But he said he traded for Desmond early in the season? Since April 8th he has hit .286/.364/.549 with 6 HR, 19 RBI, 25 R in 44 G. That's a 22 HR / 92 R / 72 RBI pace with a good average. Not seeing the steals you'd like to see from Desmond, but at the same time his average is higher than expected over the period in question. Seems incorrect to say "he has stunk", especially without knowing the format.
    thats fair. I generalized by using the whole season.
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
      Wow! Even though I posted that I thought it may be a possibility, I didn't expect it to happen after Hiura started hitting HRs by the bushel. I was beginning to think they were going to DFA Aguilar instead. Maybe they want to showcase Shaw for a deal, shuffle him off, then recall Hiura?
      I too was surprised. He’ll be back soon.
      I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• Is Corbin Burnes now a possible closer in MIL?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharky View Post
          Is Corbin Burnes now a possible closer in MIL?
          I'm not plugged in with the Brewers but he pitched in the 5th inning yesterday with the score 12-0. That doesn't scream closer usage to me.

Comment

• It might have been the other day that the Brewers didn't have too many options so Burnes closes but his nearly 10 ERA and 2.000 WHIP might not translate into being a closer. Dude has given up 14 HR in 34 IP.

Comment

• Hiura being in AAA makes no sense unless they are manipulating service time?
              Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJBeasties View Post
                Hiura being in AAA makes no sense unless they are manipulating service time?
                I think that's the main motivation. An extra 2-3 weeks on the farm makes him safer re super 2. Having Shaw who they should not want to give up on makes the decision easier. I see Hiura back as early as next week.

Comment

• Shaw has done little since his return; he's a complete liability vs. LHPs and has obviously done nothing vs. RHPs. How long can they keep this experiment going? It's time to demote him to AAA to fix whatever is wrong.

Comment

• Brewers face all righties vs Reds this weekend. If Shaw does nothing, I predict Hiura called up on Monday.

Comment

• Is Shaw droppable in a Dynasty League at this point?

Comment

• Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
                        Is Shaw droppable in a Dynasty League at this point?
                        Don't play fantasy but it is hard to believe he fell off the cliff. Don't think the Brewers will wait much longer with Hiura waiting in the wings. Looking like a lost season maybe he needs a trade to another team.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                          Shaw has done little since his return; he's a complete liability vs. LHPs and has obviously done nothing vs. RHPs. How long can they keep this experiment going? It's time to demote him to AAA to fix whatever is wrong.
                          Hiura recalled, Shaw demoted to AAA.

Comment

• Hernan Perez DFA, too
                            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Chase Anderson gives up 10 ER in 2.1 IP. Ouch! RIP ratios.
                              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Mike Moustakis salary history from the last 3 years:

2018) After the 2017 season, Moustakis declined his $17.4 million qualifying offer from the Royals and then settled for $5.5 million from the Royals in March of 2018. During the season he was traded to the Brewers.
                                2019) After the 2018 season, Moustakas declined his $15 million mutual option with the Brewers and then settled for $10 million from the Brewers in February 2019.
                                2020) After the 2019 season, Moustakis declined his $11 million option from the Brewers and then ???
                                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X