No announcement yet.

2K24: Milwaukee Brewers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would love to see Hader as an everyday closer if Knebel needs TJ surgery.

Signed,
    Knebel & Hader owner.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
      I would love to see Hader as an everyday closer if Knebel needs TJ surgery.

Signed,
      Knebel & Hader owner.
      Management has already said they don't want Hader in the closer role.

Comment

• yeah, not gonna happen - and rightly so.
        I had practically every Brewer and Phillie RP last year (with no bench, so revolving door), and MIL was as brilliant as PHI was dopey.

signing Kimbrel if at all possible would fit their plan.
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by minnehan View Post
          Management has already said they don't want Hader in the closer role.
          Yeah, i guess they don't want to see his arbitration price skyrocket.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• This from RW:

Jimmy Nelson felt soreness in his right elbow after pitching in a minor league game Thursday.
            The Brewers don't seem concerned at the moment, as Nelson isn't slated to undergo any additional testing and the team expects him to be ready for the start of the minor league season. Still, with Nelson coming back from a shoulder injury and also dealing with a forearm ailment this spring, the red flags are piling up. He could join the Brewers' rotation sometime in April if all goes well, but we'll have to see how he progresses.

SOURCE: Adam McCalvy on Twitter
            Mar 22, 2019, 1:36 PM
            Just soreness and nobody is concerned. Reminds me of Jeff Goldblum character in Jurassic Park: "Oh, yeah. Oooh, ahhh, that's how it always starts. Then later there's running and screaming."

Comment

• Originally posted by pitbull View Post
              This from RW:

Just soreness and nobody is concerned. Reminds me of Jeff Goldblum character in Jurassic Park: "Oh, yeah. Oooh, ahhh, that's how it always starts. Then later there's running and screaming."
              lol - nice reference, pitbull!

Comment

• Brewers signed a reliever!

No, not Kimbrel!

For some reason the Indians decided not to put Alex Wilson on their 25-man roster, because their bullpen is SOOOOO deep (eyeroll) and he opted out of his contract. The Brewers, being much smarter, immediately gave him a 1-year major league deal.

Doesn't help clear up the saves picture at all, nor does it rule out a Kimbrel signing.

It's possible Chase Anderson takes over Hader's multi-inning role and lets Hader close. It's possible both Jeffress and Knebel miss a chunk of time and Matt Albers or Alex freaking Claudio get some saves.

Comment

• From what I've read it seems that Kimbrel will not be in a Brewer uniform soon. Also Jeffress supposedly drop in velocity is reported to be from a "muscle group atrophied". How the hell does that happen to an athlete? Of course this info is from his agent so sounds like a spin on what is really going on unless I'm completely clueless here.

By Connor Byrne | March 30, 2019 at 10:49pm CDT

The Brewers have reportedly engaged in “pretty serious” negotiations of late with closer Craig Kimbrel, who remains available even after the start of the season. Now, having lost closer Corey Knebel to season-ending Tommy John surgery, a union between the Brewers and Kimbrel looks even more plausible on paper. However, barring a massive drop in asking price, the Brewers aren’t in position to sign Kimbrel or the majors’ other big-ticket free agent, starter Dallas Keuchel, according to Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Both Kimbrel and Keuchel rejected a $17.9MM qualifying offer from their previous team at the outset of the offseason. But even if they wind up settling for one-year contracts, odds are those deals will approach or exceed the worth of the qualifying offer. The Brewers, for their part, probably don’t even have half the value of the QO left in their budget, Haudricourt relays, as they’re already sporting a franchise-record Opening Day payroll. As a result, Haudricourt posits they’re more likely to rely on in-house reinforcements such as injured reliever Jeremy Jeffress and on-the-mend starter Jimmy Nelson than splurge on one of the two star free agents sitting on the open market.

Comment

• Would you guys risk starting Moose this week with the broken finger?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                      Would you guys risk starting Moose this week with the broken finger?
                      Depends on the other options available. I benched him for Ryan Zimmerman in the CI spot.

Comment

• If anyone needed an opener, it's Freddy Peralta.

1st inning - 11.57 ERA
                        2nd - 1.42
                        3rd - 2.37
                        4th - 7.63
                        5th - 4.35
                        6th - 1.04

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                          If anyone needed an opener, it's Freddy Peralta.

1st inning - 11.57 ERA
                          2nd - 1.42
                          3rd - 2.37
                          4th - 7.63
                          5th - 4.35
                          6th - 1.04
                          At least I had him on my bench this time. Peralta and Burnes = double shotgun to the head.

Comment

• Freddy has one pitch.
                            When it's working, all is well.
                            When it's not, you cry.

Comment

• Lorenzo Cain makes an amazing catch but runs into the wall, getting banged up but he stays in the game. He's the first batter up the next inning and takes a laser right off his hand. Ouch.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                                If anyone needed an opener, it's Freddy Peralta.

1st inning - 11.57 ERA
                                2nd - 1.42
                                3rd - 2.37
                                4th - 7.63
                                5th - 4.35
                                6th - 1.04
                                And the Brewers brass must have read RJ, because they used an opener, brought Peralta in for the 3rd, and he promptly pitched 5 scoreless innings.

Comment

Working...
                                X