Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031

Thread: 2K19: Milwaukee Brewers

South of the Cheedar Curtain, in the land of the FIBs
    Quote Originally Posted by kldub4life View Post
    Hiura's 60's hit/gp/rp tool grades are exceptional, he is also joining a solid lineup. Call me bullish. His health had been the question mark especially defensively but his bat could be elite.
    I agree with this. He is the most highly anticipated Brewer prospect since Ryan Braun. He was drafted hurt and played parts of two minors seasons with injuries that limited his on field time. But his bat plays.
    I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Triple-A
    Bernie. Do you see Hiura staying up when Shaw returns

South of the Cheedar Curtain, in the land of the FIBs
    Quote Originally Posted by FBP View Post
    Bernie. Do you see Hiura staying up when Shaw returns
    I do. Hiura can’t prove much more in AAA. He needs to see MLB pitching to make the adjustment. What happens with Shaw is the question. I don’t see the Brewers doing anything with any of the bats on the bench. Gamel could be starting on any number of teams. Perez is a spark plug and solid in the clubhouse and positional versatility. Nottingham stays until Pena returns. Thames could be the odd man, but I hope not. It’s likely a pitcher gets sent as the Brewers subscribe to the revolving door approach to the back half of their pen a lot any way. Houser, Albers, or Barnes. My money is Houser.
    Last edited by Bernie Brewer; 05-19-2019 at 06:22 AM.
    I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie Brewer View Post
    I donít see the Brewers trading Shaw. They may sit him more this season, once he is truly healthy, and while the Moose is loose, but heíll be given a lot of rope to work things out. I believe he still has a minors option, but I could be wrong on that. The Brewers are still very high on Shaw.
    It seems like the Brewers have interchangeable parts and at some point they are going to have to make some roster decision. The main concern with Shaw is that he is 29 and has now shown poor BA in 3 of his last 4 years.

Big Leaguer
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbull View Post
    The main concern with Shaw is that he is 29 and has now shown poor BA in 3 of his last 4 years.
    That's not a real thing right? .340+ OBP last 2 years.

I bought Shaw this weekend for cheap. I think they give him another chance personally and it was worth the roster spot to gamble. 60+ HR in the last two seasons, .250 avg. He isnt going away - I can see him being a strong side platoon guy with Hiura.