2K24: Milwaukee Brewers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kldub4life View Post
    Hiura's 60's hit/gp/rp tool grades are exceptional, he is also joining a solid lineup. Call me bullish. His health had been the question mark especially defensively but his bat could be elite.
    I agree with this. He is the most highly anticipated Brewer prospect since Ryan Braun. He was drafted hurt and played parts of two minors seasons with injuries that limited his on field time. But his bat plays.
    I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• Bernie. Do you see Hiura staying up when Shaw returns

Comment

• Originally posted by FBP View Post
        Bernie. Do you see Hiura staying up when Shaw returns
        I do. Hiura can’t prove much more in AAA. He needs to see MLB pitching to make the adjustment. What happens with Shaw is the question. I don’t see the Brewers doing anything with any of the bats on the bench. Gamel could be starting on any number of teams. Perez is a spark plug and solid in the clubhouse and positional versatility. Nottingham stays until Pena returns. Thames could be the odd man, but I hope not. It’s likely a pitcher gets sent as the Brewers subscribe to the revolving door approach to the back half of their pen a lot any way. Houser, Albers, or Barnes. My money is Houser.
        Last edited by Bernie Brewer; 05-19-2019, 05:22 AM.
        I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• Originally posted by Bernie Brewer View Post
          I don’t see the Brewers trading Shaw. They may sit him more this season, once he is truly healthy, and while the Moose is loose, but he’ll be given a lot of rope to work things out. I believe he still has a minors option, but I could be wrong on that. The Brewers are still very high on Shaw.
          It seems like the Brewers have interchangeable parts and at some point they are going to have to make some roster decision. The main concern with Shaw is that he is 29 and has now shown poor BA in 3 of his last 4 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by pitbull View Post
            The main concern with Shaw is that he is 29 and has now shown poor BA in 3 of his last 4 years.
            That's not a real thing right? .340+ OBP last 2 years.

Comment

• I bought Shaw this weekend for cheap. I think they give him another chance personally and it was worth the roster spot to gamble. 60+ HR in the last two seasons, .250 avg. He isnt going away - I can see him being a strong side platoon guy with Hiura.

Comment

• Keston Hiura has underwhelmed so far, with a .261/.306/.451 line, which is decent, but it's his 41.5% K rate that's troubling. Meanwhile, Travis Shaw still can't get anything going on his rehab assignment, hitting just .174 (all singles) in 23 ABs. He's not whiffing, he's not walking, he's kind of not doing much of anything.

My guess is that they give Shaw more time to figure it out, and if he does, Hiura gets demoted.

EDIT - Counsell said Shaw is being activated for Tuesday’s series, so who knows how it will play out.

Comment

• Brewers option 2B Keston Hiura to Triple-A San Antonio.
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Wow! Even though I posted that I thought it may be a possibility, I didn't expect it to happen after Hiura started hitting HRs by the bushel. I was beginning to think they were going to DFA Aguilar instead. Maybe they want to showcase Shaw for a deal, shuffle him off, then recall Hiura?

Comment

• Brewers trying to control his service time?

Comment

• Originally posted by tinitoy View Post
                        Brewers trying to control his service time?
                        According to Brewers President of Baseball Operations David Stearns, that is not the case. He claims that they just were not ready to put Aguilar or Shaw on waivers or trade them for pennies on the dollar right now. He also said that they are happy with Thames' performance so far.

Comment

• Interesting move. Perhaps hoping Shaw or Aguilar turn around there their season either giving the Brewers more depth or trade opportunity. I traded early in the season Cain for Desmond and Aguilar. Desmond has been doing well for me but Aguilar has cannot seem to get it going.

Comment

• Originally posted by pitbull View Post
                            Interesting move. Perhaps hoping Shaw or Aguilar turn around there their season either giving the Brewers more depth or trade opportunity. I traded early in the season Cain for Desmond and Aguilar. Desmond has been doing well for me but Aguilar has cannot seem to get it going.
                            The only way Desmond is doing well for you is when compared to Aguilar. He has stunk.
                            After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                              The only way Desmond is doing well for you is when compared to Aguilar. He has stunk.
                              But he said he traded for Desmond early in the season? Since April 8th he has hit .286/.364/.549 with 6 HR, 19 RBI, 25 R in 44 G. That's a 22 HR / 92 R / 72 RBI pace with a good average. Not seeing the steals you'd like to see from Desmond, but at the same time his average is higher than expected over the period in question. Seems incorrect to say "he has stunk", especially without knowing the format.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                                But he said he traded for Desmond early in the season? Since April 8th he has hit .286/.364/.549 with 6 HR, 19 RBI, 25 R in 44 G. That's a 22 HR / 92 R / 72 RBI pace with a good average. Not seeing the steals you'd like to see from Desmond, but at the same time his average is higher than expected over the period in question. Seems incorrect to say "he has stunk", especially without knowing the format.
                                What he said.

Comment

Working...
                                X