2K24: Milwaukee Brewers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
    What's your early prediction for the rotation? I assume Chacin, Anders and Nelson (health permitting) are the locks. How do you handicap the last two spots?

Signed,
    Freddy Peralta owner
    Chacin and Anderson are #1 and 2 right now. The bad news for you, I believe, is that Woodruff has pitched himself into a highly likely #3 role. Nelson, health permitting and velocity/curveball returning, is #4. That leaves Freddy, Burnes, and Davies competing for #5. Right now, I'd probably handicap them Burnes, Peralta, Davies.

Freddy's going to have to make major control improvements (his walk rate was over 4.5/9 IP) and there's suspicion that his .237 BABIP also may end up with an Anderson-like reversion. All that negative said, he has the most upside for a jump - if he can master just one secondary pitch, I think he'd leapfrog at least one person and possibly two.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Personally I think this is a terrible move. Hader should be in the rotation. He is Chris Sale in the making. I think his talent is being wasted in relief. The rotation should be Hader, Woodruff, Chacin, Burnes and Anderson.
      I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
        Chacin and Anderson are #1 and 2 right now. The bad news for you, I believe, is that Woodruff has pitched himself into a highly likely #3 role. Nelson, health permitting and velocity/curveball returning, is #4. That leaves Freddy, Burnes, and Davies competing for #5. Right now, I'd probably handicap them Burnes, Peralta, Davies.

Freddy's going to have to make major control improvements (his walk rate was over 4.5/9 IP) and there's suspicion that his .237 BABIP also may end up with an Anderson-like reversion. All that negative said, he has the most upside for a jump - if he can master just one secondary pitch, I think he'd leapfrog at least one person and possibly two.
        Oh, I have Woodruff too. I totally forgot about that. And Chacin. I guess I'm all in the Brew Crew staff next year!

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
          Personally I think this is a terrible move. Hader should be in the rotation. He is Chris Sale in the making. I think his talent is being wasted in relief. The rotation should be Hader, Woodruff, Chacin, Burnes and Anderson.
          I agree 100%. The guy was a starter in the minors. They're choosing to get 100 less innings out of his arm, and for what? Their bullpen would be fine without him.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
            I agree 100%. The guy was a starter in the minors. They're choosing to get 100 less innings out of his arm, and for what? Their bullpen would be fine without him.
            A guy in my league told me that if Hader is left in the bullpen he should tell them that he'll never sign a multi year deal and will leave the first chance he has. Obviously a lot can change between now and what five years from now, but I agree.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
              A guy in my league told me that if Hader is left in the bullpen he should tell them that he'll never sign a multi year deal and will leave the first chance he has. Obviously a lot can change between now and what five years from now, but I agree.
              I remember Chapman wanted to remain as a reliever and not a starter.

I wonder if Hader had any input into his decision?

Comment

• Originally posted by whalewang View Post
                I remember Chapman wanted to remain as a reliever and not a starter.

I wonder if Hader had any input into his decision?
                Good question. There's more money in being a starter, but beyond that, I don't know.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• I believe the Brewer management sighed with relief as Joakim Soria turned down his $10 mil option and became a free agent. He did fine for the Brewers, but I doubt they wanted to be on the hook for $10 mil for him. The Moose is loose, too, but I'm pretty sure the Brewers knew he would opt out and become a FA without draft compensation attached to him.

Comment

• Some odd management changes; don't know the background, but the Brewers hitting and pitching coaches have both resigned. It's possible the pitching coach's resignation is tied to the firing of the bullpen coach, as it followed after only a day. Seems very strange to me to fire the bullpen coach after such a successful season.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                      Some odd management changes; don't know the background, but the Brewers hitting and pitching coaches have both resigned. It's possible the pitching coach's resignation is tied to the firing of the bullpen coach, as it followed after only a day. Seems very strange to me to fire the bullpen coach after such a successful season.
                      Sounds like a power struggle or two.
                      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Woodruff and Peralta in rotation, Chase Anderson bumped.
                        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                          Woodruff and Peralta in rotation, Chase Anderson bumped.
                          And Burnes.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                            And Burnes.
                            Yeah, but one will get bumped for Nelson. Not sure who tho. All have nice upside.

Comment

• Alot of changes going on in Brewerland. Knebel has a UCL issue in the elbow. Getting 2nd opinion on how severe it is. Doesn't sound good. Question is how much are the Brewers willing to spend on signing Kimbrel and how much will Kimbrel be willing to come down to?

Comment

Working...
                              X