2K24: Milwaukee Brewers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
    Jesus, they should have made a play for Doumit...as a 1st baseman, he might be able to stay healthy and hit 20 HR's.
    Perhaps Milwaukee didn't have a pitch-to-contact low-velocity pitcher to offer in exchange.
    Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
    -- William James

Comment

Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
      Perhaps Milwaukee didn't have a pitch-to-contact low-velocity pitcher to offer in exchange.
      Ouch, man...
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
        Ouch, man...
        You hit a low lob. I was just doing my job in smashing it.

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
        -- William James

Comment

Milwaukee is reportedly interested in Michael Young as an interim first baseman. Bleh.
          The ex-shortstop at 1B thing worked out so well when it was Alex Gonzalez...

Comment

Milwaukee is reportedly interested in Michael Young as an interim first baseman. Bleh.
            Yeesh, that would be really stupid. Get Baker signed (likely for much less) and set him up in a platoon with Francisco if Hunter Morris doesn't win the job.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
              Yeesh, that would be really stupid. Get Baker signed (likely for much less) and set him up in a platoon with Francisco if Hunter Morris doesn't win the job.
              From the various comments, I get the idea that they're not going to give serious consideration to Halton at 1B. Is that correct? Is he just a backup at 1B and corner OF?

-- William James

Comment

From the various comments, I get the idea that they're not going to give serious consideration to Halton at 1B. Is that correct? Is he just a backup at 1B and corner OF?
                I think he's at least another year away, if not two.

Comment

Maybe they'll bring Betancourt back.

Comment

Originally posted by mgwiz22 View Post
                    Maybe they'll bring Betancourt back.
                    The Eighth Amendment will not protect Melvin if that happens.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                      The Eighth Amendment will not protect Melvin if that happens.
                      One could make the case that Melvin bringing him back would in itself constitute "cruel and unusual punishment", and that therefore any punishment given to him would not be "cruel and unusual", but rather would be, in the words of Gilbert and Sullivan, "let the punishment fit the crime".

-- William James

Comment

Any predictions for Jim Henderson this year? I've been offered him in a trade and am reluctant to see him doing anything close to last season but as previously stated the Brews bullpen is pretty weak as far as next in line guys.

Comment

Closer job is his to lose, and he'd have to be terrible to lose it IMO. I don't see him as a top tier closer but serviceable with a low 3s ERA and 30ish saves

Comment

Rumor has Mark Reynolds signing a minor league deal with Milwaukee.

That wouldn't be such a bad landing spot for him. The Brewers have a gaping hole at 1B, an aged 3B, and IIRC a power hitter-friendly home park. For the team, it sounds like a better plan than they had at the beginning of 2013.

-- William James

Comment

Rumor has Mark Reynolds signing a minor league deal with Milwaukee.

That wouldn't be such a bad landing spot for him. The Brewers have a gaping hole at 1B, an aged 3B, and IIRC a power hitter-friendly home park. For the team, it sounds like a better plan than they had at the beginning of 2013.
                              Agreed. If your batting average is solid, Reynolds would be a decent buy in dollar days.

Comment

Where are you guys valuing Segura this year? I have seen him fro the 20s to the 90s.

I am inclined to take his second half as the floor, First half as the ceiling and full season as accurate.

J
                                Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Working...
                                X