2K24: Milwaukee Brewers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
    No, but he did some side work and intrasquad work late last week, so I don't think there's an injury. But the Brewers are known for having a....very broad....interpretation of injury reporting requirements, so your concern is warranted. Tom Haudricourt still has the best inside information, so I'd recommend following him on Twitter if you have a keeper concern on Burnes.
    ok, thanks. Just think it's very odd that he hasn't pitched in 12 days and there's no news in the Mil newspapers or anywhere else online (that I could find...).

Comment

• Burnes is starting tomorrow vs Angels.

Comment

• Burnes was also just announced as the starter for the second game, so I guess he's fine at the moment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
          The Homer has him at 10A. I don't think he will keep him at that price. Then again he is not on the trading block with the other six guys.
          We just locked in our keeper lists. Brewers Homer threw Peralta back. Since he never posted him on the trade block, I think he is thinking he slipped him by...he did not.

Comment

• Peralta named to the rotation, Lindblom to the pen

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
              Peralta named to the rotation, Lindblom to the pen
              Sweet!
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Peralta named to the rotation, Lindblom to the pen
                hmmm i hope this is a good thing. I have him everywhere hoping he would be a long RP or a "follower". Seems like he is perfect for that role.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                  hmmm i hope this is a good thing. I have him everywhere hoping he would be a long RP or a "follower". Seems like he is perfect for that role.
                  Yeah, he seems to not be able to perform as well as a starter

Comment

Yeah, he seems to not be able to perform as well as a starter
                    The concern is legit, but the plus in Peralta's favor now versus as recently as 2019 is he has a legitimate second pitch - his slider has advanced to good. He even has a change he's working on.

As a Brewer fan, I'm really happy - Lindblom just hasn't panned out as an effective SP.
                    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                      The concern is legit, but the plus in Peralta's favor now versus as recently as 2019 is he has a legitimate second pitch - his slider has advanced to good. He even has a change he's working on.

As a Brewer fan, I'm really happy - Lindblom just hasn't panned out as an effective SP.
                      With some good timing he will be on my team come Sunday night.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                        Sweet!
                        Bah, I wish this would have been announced on Sunday or Monday. Draft is Saturday - his price just went up.

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                          Bah, I wish this would have been announced on Sunday or Monday. Draft is Saturday - his price just went up.
                          I am right there with you. I snagged him in the one I have already done, but my other league, my main league, drafts Sunday, and his price definitely went up. I know exactly who will be bidding me up too--the same guy I lose Burnes to in the last auction.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                            I am right there with you. I snagged him in the one I have already done, but my other league, my main league, drafts Sunday, and his price definitely went up. I know exactly who will be bidding me up too--the same guy I lose Burnes to in the last auction.
                            Guy in my league is already texting me and saying he is going to toss Peralta in the first round because he knows I love him. I also only have two pitching spots left so he wants me to both pay too much and fill one of my two remaining pitching spots early.

Comment

• With Peralta, how do you know if you are going to get the Robbie Ray 2017 season or the Robbie Ray 2019-2020 type season? I guess for cheap it's worth a shot but it seems like he's has a very high bust potential to go along with his upside (which granted is a relatively high upside)

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                                With Peralta, how do you know if you are going to get the Robbie Ray 2017 season or the Robbie Ray 2019-2020 type season? I guess for cheap it's worth a shot but it seems like he's has a very high bust potential to go along with his upside (which granted is a relatively high upside)
                                There is a part of me that thinks that this could make him slightly cheaper because of precisely that. Much less blowup potential as a long reliever/opener/vulture of wins. But I think the upside will push him up. I feel like upside always wins out in the bidding process.

Comment

Working...
                                X