2K24: Milwaukee Brewers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revo View Post
    So you believe he’ll be in the rotation at some point? And stick?
    Not this year. I see him as the multi-inning RP leader this year. Maybe next year, especially if he can develop a change this year.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
      I am on my work computer so I can't check the rosters. I would be shocked if our local Brewers homer does not own him. I wouldn't mind him on my roster.
      The Homer has him at 10A. I don't think he will keep him at that price. Then again he is not on the trading block with the other six guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
        He started on that slider in 2019, and really progressed it last year, and it looks even better now. Gives him a very solid second pitch. He's always had an excellent fastball - not just quality velocity, but also movement and command. With a second pitch that's progressed to not very good to not bad to ok to good, he's become a guy that can absolutely crush 2-3 innings.

Given two of the Brewer starters are Lindblom and Brett Anderson...well, let's just say I'm recommending Freddy in all deeper league formats.
        Yeah, I mean if you're of the "draft talent" persuasion you're definitely going to be looking at a guy like Freddy, I'd wager. He only started one game in 2020, though, so he'll need to get niiiiiice and stretched out before that's much of an option.
        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
          Yeah, I mean if you're of the "draft talent" persuasion you're definitely going to be looking at a guy like Freddy, I'd wager. He only started one game in 2020, though, so he'll need to get niiiiiice and stretched out before that's much of an option.
          Agree. This is the year I want to get him, though - he could be one of the best vulture win pitchers in the NL this year, plus the Ks and likely improving ratios.

Can you imagine being a hitter and facing a diet of Brett Anderson junk twice and then having to face Peralta?

Comment

• What would you guys pay for him at auction this year? Only or mixed?

Comment

What would you guys pay for him at auction this year? Only or mixed?
              He's a dollar days buy in mixed at best.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                He's a dollar days buy in mixed at best.
                Agree. I hope to get him for $3 or less in my 12 team NL only.

If I do I will be very happy about it.

Comment

Agree. I hope to get him for $3 or less in my 12 team NL only.

If I do I will be very happy about it.
                  I'll go as high as $5 in my NL Only. In a mixed for me, that's a "it depends" answer - daily changes, starts limited, I'd bid him up a couple bucks more. Standard, with weekly changes, I agree with Ken.

Comment

• I am all over peralta as a rotation filler in NL only and daily moves roto. The pricing sounds right: 3-5 in only and 1 in mixed 12 team.

Comment

• I tried to trade for Peralta $8A in my 12 team NL only league and was denied.
                      I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Anyone know why Corbin Burnes hasn't pitched since March 5th? I can't find any info on him. TIA

Comment

• Originally posted by southcoast View Post
                          Anyone know why Corbin Burnes hasn't pitched since March 5th? I can't find any info on him. TIA
                          Threw two innings last Friday, hit 98 mph, struck out five, looks good to go.
                          More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                            Threw two innings last Friday, hit 98 mph, struck out five, looks good to go.
                            Woodruff pitched Friday. It doesn't appear that Burnes has pitched since March 5th. Anyone have any info?

Comment

• Originally posted by southcoast View Post
                              Woodruff pitched Friday. It doesn't appear that Burnes has pitched since March 5th. Anyone have any info?
                              No, but he did some side work and intrasquad work late last week, so I don't think there's an injury. But the Brewers are known for having a....very broad....interpretation of injury reporting requirements, so your concern is warranted. Tom Haudricourt still has the best inside information, so I'd recommend following him on Twitter if you have a keeper concern on Burnes.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                                No, but he did some side work and intrasquad work late last week, so I don't think there's an injury. But the Brewers are known for having a....very broad....interpretation of injury reporting requirements, so your concern is warranted. Tom Haudricourt still has the best inside information, so I'd recommend following him on Twitter if you have a keeper concern on Burnes.
                                I feel like I freak out at least once a year during spring training when someone doesn't pitch in a game, only to find out that they were doing side work, intrasquad, or pitching in a minor league game or something that didn't show up in the box score. Looks like Burnes can be this year's freakout.

Comment

Working...
                                X