No announcement yet.

2K24: Chicago Cubs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And I'll be surprised if he gets the call this year. They are building this team for long term success and putting time on his arbitration clock this year does not fit into that strategy. I assume we see a whole slew of Cubby prospects come up next June.

Comment

Originally posted by whalewang View Post
      And I'll be surprised if he gets the call this year. They are building this team for long term success and putting time on his arbitration clock this year does not fit into that strategy. I assume we see a whole slew of Cubby prospects come up next June.

September call-ups don't count against the clock, IIRC.
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Soler to start today - Wednesday and bat 5th

and Anthony Rizzo might have the best 1b numbers in the NL - wow

Comment

Baez has 7 HR and 40 K's in 21 games. Would the Cubs keep playing him if he hit 50 HR and struck out 250 times in 2015?

Interesting.
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
            Baez has 7 HR and 40 K's in 21 games. Would the Cubs keep playing him if he hit 50 HR and struck out 250 times in 2015?

Interesting.
            250 would be awesome
            http://www.baseball-reference.com/le...O_season.shtml

Comment

Soler HR off Latos in his first AB. I swear, between Lake last year, Alcantara, Baez, Hendricks, and now Soler, the Cubs have an absurd record of callups going insane in their first couple weeks.
              In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post

Interesting.
                If you hit 50 bombs, you could strike out 300 times...
                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                  September call-ups don't count against the clock, IIRC.
                  It doesn't count toward losing your rookie eligibility, but it does count toward your service time for arbitration and free agency.
                  "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Jorge Soler, Javier Baez and Kris Bryant hit back-to-back-to-back home runs off the Indians Trevor Bauer.

Boom, boom, pow!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ryno84MVP View Post
                      Jorge Soler, Javier Baez and Kris Bryant hit back-to-back-to-back home runs off the Indians Trevor Bauer.

Boom, boom, pow!!!

Nice! I have all three as possible cheap keepers for three years. Definitely keeping Soler and Bryant. Still on the fence about Baez. His upside is awfully tempting.
                      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Enjoy Cubs fans!

edit: Firefox won't let me embed MLB.com, so here's a link

http://http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/holy-cow--cubs-youngsters-hit-back-to-back-to-back-homers-221151200.html
                        Last edited by madducks; 03-11-2015, 02:17 AM.
                        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                          Nice! I have all three as possible cheap keepers for three years. Definitely keeping Soler and Bryant. Still on the fence about Baez. His upside is awfully tempting.
                          Nice! You might get 100 HR with a .230 average though. But still pretty sweet to have all 3.

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                            Me too, but it wasn't because they were Cubs. Drafted Bryant when he was in college, Soler was just coming over from Cuba and I traded for Baez last year (also own Arismendy Alcantara for $5).

I understand the concerns about Baez, but he could also lead the league in HR as a second baseman (and has enough speed to get 10 to 15 SB).

Comment

Originally posted by Ryno84MVP View Post
                              Me too, but it wasn't because they were Cubs. Drafted Bryant when he was in college, Soler was just coming over from Cuba and I traded for Baez last year (also own Arismendy Alcantara for $5).
                              Hmm hmm sure and that avatar is just a coincidence right? This is the year we don't have to be ashamed to be Cubs fans.

I wonder if Lester will be on your team after the auction this year?

Comment

Two words for a good Cubs team........

Steve Garvey.
                                If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                                Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                                X