No announcement yet.

2K24: Chicago Cubs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Cubs place 3B/OF Kris Bryant on the 10-day IL, retroactive to August 19, with a left ring finger sprain.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
      Cubs place RHP Tyler Chatwood on the 10-day IL, retroactive to August 13, with back tightness.
      After getting yanked in the 2nd inning of his first start back from the IL, Chatwood is removed from the 3rd inning of today's game with elbow discomfort.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

After getting yanked in the 2nd inning of his first start back from the IL, Chatwood is removed from the 3rd inning of today's game with elbow discomfort.
        His career could be over. He already beat the odds by coming back from not one but two TJs. A third though, I don't see how he comes back from that.

Comment

• With 3 more years remaining on his contract at $21-$22-$22 million, Jason Heyward is another player that is way overpaid. Not as overpaid as Pujols, Miggy, and Chris Davis, but probably at least $15 million too much.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• One of the guys in my mixed fantasy league ended up getting one of Jon Lester's beers.

Story: https://www.yahoo.com/news/pitcher-j...165303576.html

Love that he tipped 34%, too.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Cubs minor league pitcher Jesus Camargo-Corrales busted with 21 pounds of methamphetamine and 1.2 pounds of oxycodone pills.

https://www.tmz.com/2021/03/20/chica...1-pounds-meth/

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Cubs minor league pitcher Jesus Camargo-Corrales busted with 21 pounds of methamphetamine and 1.2 pounds of oxycodone pills.

I have to say that when I saw there was a new Cubs post, I did not expect to see this.

Comment

Cubs minor league pitcher Jesus Camargo-Corrales busted with 21 pounds of methamphetamine and 1.2 pounds of oxycodone pills.

That is drug lord amounts of drugs. I guess baseball was his side hustle?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                    That is drug lord amounts of drugs. I guess baseball was his side hustle?
                    I don't know what was more stupid of him. Transporting large quantities of drugs for a measly $500 or drawing the attention of the police by breaking traffic laws.

ETA: I think he may have understated the amount he was getting paid.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I don't know what was more stupid of him. Transporting large quantities of drugs for a measly $500 or drawing the attention of the police by breaking traffic laws.

ETA: I think he may have understated the amount he was getting paid.
                      Drug mules tend to get paid small amounts of money and take huge risks. Of course, he is from Sinaloa, where his family presumably lives, so he could just be a (sadly, very typical) guy who can be encouraged to do what the cartel wants if he likes his family breathing.

Comment

• Cubs option 2B Nico Hoerner to Triple-A Iowa.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Cubs option 2B Nico Hoerner to Triple-A Iowa.
                          Time for Bote McSecondBaseman Face?

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                            Time for Bote McSecondBaseman Face?
                            Makes sense. I've heard no talk about moving Happ to 2B, which seems like the only other viable option.
                            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Bote. He was announced as starting 2B to start the season. Not that that’s a big endorsement.

Comment

• The Brewers really can't hit right now, but last night Trevor Williams looked like the latest guy to escape the Pirates and pitch much better.

Comment

Working...
                                X