2K24: Chicago Cubs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
    I can't wait to see what the Kris Bryant FAAB bloodbath looks like in my league since he's not eligible to be auctioned.
    LOL...what are the rules if more than one team maxes on their FAAB for him?
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
      I can't wait to see what the Kris Bryant FAAB bloodbath looks like in my league since he's not eligible to be auctioned.
      Me too, particularly in my NL Only, I'm guessing it will take the full $100
      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
        LOL...what are the rules if more than one team maxes on their FAAB for him?
        In our only leagues the tie breaker is who is lowest in the standings at the time of bidding.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
          In our only leagues the tie breaker is who is lowest in the standings at the time of bidding.
          so is it conceivable that a team tanks the first week, benches everyone, just to get bryant for 100?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
            so is it conceivable that a team tanks the first week, benches everyone, just to get bryant for 100?
            Maybe if you had enough reserves to roster a full team.

It would also cost $75 for us to drop him in the off season. Additionally we cannot trade any FAAB players in season that cost $25 or more.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
              That seems like giving up an awful lot to get one guy, HR and SB are often decided by single digits for 5 points, it doesn't even make sense for a rebuilder, unless they want to trade Bryant away
              "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• we have a LOT of "common sense" rules and one is that "last year's standings" don't apply for the first two weeks.

avoiding common sense rules seems like something less than - common sense.
                finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• This billboard will be impossible to miss on Sunday Night Baseball

Attached Files

Comment

• Because some knucklehead dropped Jorge Soler, I'm trying to figure out the proper FAAB bid to put on him. $100 budget (I have it all still), 11 teams, 6x6 roto (OPS added for hitting).

Start 4 OF and I have: Puig, Moss, Choo, Pagan, Maybin, and Pence on the DL. So I could use him a bit. I'm pretty set at 1B/CI so Moss is an OF for me most of the time.

What would you bid? Oh, and we can't roster players until they are in the majors, so Bryant will be of heavy interest pretty soon.
                    Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• You're not going to be able to get both Soler and Bryant, and Soler should be the priority for you. I'd bid somewhere between $50 and $60.
                      Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                      We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogues View Post
                        Because some knucklehead dropped Jorge Soler, I'm trying to figure out the proper FAAB bid to put on him.
                        WTF? Is this a money league? How can I get in?

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                          WTF? Is this a money league? How can I get in?
                          Not a money league, sorry to get you all worked up!
                          Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ryno84MVP View Post
                            In an average year there are 183 service days in a major-league season, 162 games and 21 off days. If you accrue 172 days in any season, it is considered a full year. Six full years gets you to free agency. Five years and 170 days does not. If the Cubs wait 12 days into the 2015 season to call up Bryant, he would finish 2015 with less than one year of service time, 171 days total. The smart play is controlling Kris Bryant for seven years, not six.

Major-league debut April 17th at Wrigley Field versus the Padres???
                            In case you forgot, tomorrow is the magic date, the Cubs' season will be 12 days old. However, I wouldn't expect to see Bryant in a Cubs uniform until Monday 4/20 when they begin a road trip in Pittsburgh, just in case the season gets extended by a couple of days because of regular season tiebreaker games (or as Theo would have you believe, he needs to work a little more on his defense) Also, the Cubs like to call-up their top prospects away from home.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ryno84MVP View Post
                              In case you forgot, tomorrow is the magic date, the Cubs' season will be 12 days old. However, I wouldn't expect to see Bryant in a Cubs uniform until Monday 4/20 when they begin a road trip in Pittsburgh, just in case the season gets extended by a couple of days because of regular season tiebreaker games (or as Theo would have you believe, he needs to work a little more on his defense) Also, the Cubs like to call-up their top prospects away from home.
                              The tiebreaker thing has been debunked but I'm hearing Monday also mostly because they don't want him facing Shields/Ross/Cashner.

Comment

• Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
                                The tiebreaker thing has been debunked but I'm hearing Monday also mostly because they don't want him facing Shields/Ross/Cashner.
                                Debunked by who?

Comment

Working...
                                X