No announcement yet.

2K24: Chicago Cubs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In his last 9 IP, Yu Darvish has 24 Ks.

For reals.
    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
      In his last 9 IP, Yu Darvish has 24 Ks.

For reals.
      And how many wins?

Comment

• To no one's surprise, Cubs president Theo Epstein announced Sunday that Joe Maddon will not return as manager in 2020.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Joe Girardi will be interviewed for the Cubs manager job this week. Girardi is rumored to be seeking either the Cubs or Mets manager job.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• MLB Network's Jon Heyman reports former player David Ross and Astros bench coach Joe Espada "appear to be the frontrunners" for the Cubs' managerial opening.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
              MLB Network's Jon Heyman reports former player David Ross and Astros bench coach Joe Espada "appear to be the frontrunners" for the Cubs' managerial opening.
              Espada is getting a second interview.

Comment

• David Kaplan of NBC Sports Chicago confirms that David Ross is expected to be named the Cubs' next manager.
                Jesse Rogers of ESPN Chicago first suggested Tuesday that Ross had pulled ahead of Astros bench coach Joe Espada in what had become a two-man race. Kaplan notes that Ross' agent "has been discussing contractual terms" with Cubs president Theo Epstein and that a "deal is almost done." It sounds like there could be an official announcement as early as Thursday.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                  David Kaplan of NBC Sports Chicago confirms that David Ross is expected to be named the Cubs' next manager.
                  Jesse Rogers of ESPN Chicago first suggested Tuesday that Ross had pulled ahead of Astros bench coach Joe Espada in what had become a two-man race. Kaplan notes that Ross' agent "has been discussing contractual terms" with Cubs president Theo Epstein and that a "deal is almost done." It sounds like there could be an official announcement as early as Thursday.
                  Just can't quit you 2016!
                  If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                  - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                    Just can't quit you 2016!
                    Me either.

I like Ross. Not sure I like him as a manager. Theo got me a WS in my lifetime. He gets a bunch of passes so I will trust him.

I think Ross will be good for the fans and media. I just hope he can win.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                      Me either.

I like Ross. Not sure I like him as a manager. Theo got me a WS in my lifetime. He gets a bunch of passes so I will trust him.

I think Ross will be good for the fans and media. I just hope he can win.
                      He's a good catch

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                        He's a good catch
                        Dude, it's not like they signed Steve Bartman...
                        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                          Dude, it's not like they signed Steve Bartman...
                          Correct, he's a bad catch

Comment

• Kris Bryant's grievance over his delayed callup in 2015 will be heard sometime this week, per David Kaplan of NBC Sports Chicago.

Bryant was first promoted to the major league level on April 17, 2015. Had he been promoted by the Cubs on April 16 or any day before then, he could have become a free agent after the 2020 season. As it stands now, he is scheduled for free agency after the 2021 campaign. It was very clearly an intentional delay tactic by Chicago's front office, and the ruling in this case could set a hugely-impactful precedent for top prospects and their early-career dealings with their respective MLB clubs.
                            (Source: David Kaplan on Twitter)

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                              He's a good catch
                              I see what you did there too.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                                I see what you did there too.
                                Good catch.

Comment

Working...
                                X