2K24: Chicago Cubs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
    And how much did Bautista turn down? The egos on these guys are ginormous since they've had so much success in their lives.
    Agreed that egos are at play here. Owners are unbelievably rich from their business ventures that they can afford to pay yearly team salaries ranging from 100 mil to 200 mil. Players see this and have to be thinking they can continue to make not only obscene amount of cash but like in a pissing contest who can make the most. I'm sure that if each one of us posters got paid 5 mil per year for the next 10 year we would not only live a nice life style but could also set you up for the rest of your life. Players who get paid 100 mil, 150 mil or 200 mil unless they are a complete moron on how to take care of their finances should never have a worry for the rest of their lives and beyond. And now reading that Cubs offer to Bryant is not true. Regardless Bryant to going to get paid huge unless he is injury-prone or forgets how to hit a baseball.

Comment

• He must like me better than he does the Cubs... he accepted it when I only offered to triple his salary on a 3 year deal.
      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
        He must like me better than he does the Cubs... he accepted it when I only offered to triple his salary on a 3 year deal.
        Makes sense. I like you a lot better than the Cubs, too.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Hendricks signed to long-term extension thru 2023 for $63 million, team option for 2024 for an additional $16M. Me likey.
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Zobrist has been on a leave of absence for personal reasons. Both Maddon and Epstein have declined to say what the reason for him leaving but Maddon did states it might have effected his play this season. However there is an article that might indicate that Zobrist and his wife are having possible marital issues.

https://www.12up.com/posts/6365293-r...ave-of-absence

Comment

• Originally posted by pitbull View Post
              Zobrist has been on a leave of absence for personal reasons. Both Maddon and Epstein have declined to say what the reason for him leaving but Maddon did states it might have effected his play this season. However there is an article that might indicate that Zobrist and his wife are having possible marital issues.

https://www.12up.com/posts/6365293-r...ave-of-absence
              Zobrist is 37 years old and will be a free agent at the end of the year. And this is looking like one of his least productive seasons ever. Mrs. Zobrist just realized that Ben's big paychecks are coming to an end and that he will soon be living in "her" house for 12 months out of the year.
              Last edited by madducks; 05-12-2019, 01:25 PM.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                Zobrist is 37 years old and will be a free agent at the end of the year. And this is looking like one of his least productive seasons ever. Mrs. Zobrist just realized that Ben's big paychecks are coming to an end and that he will soon be living in "her" house for 12 months out of the year.
                That is for sure a good reason to end your marriage. Feel like we need a good Harry Carey quote, "Booze, broads and bullshit. If you got all that, what else do you need?"

Comment

• Originally posted by pitbull View Post
                  That is for sure a good reason to end your marriage. Feel like we need a good Harry Carey quote, "Booze, broads and bullshit. If you got all that, what else do you need?"
                  Maybe it is something different in this case. But, i have seen this movie so many times before.
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• I know figuring this out is like holding sand in your hands but what are the chances Cishek can hold the job for the rest of the season? Strop and Morrow have been far from reliable whether due to injuries or ineffectiveness. I think theres a decent shot here.
                    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                      I know figuring this out is like holding sand in your hands but what are the chances Cishek can hold the job for the rest of the season? Strop and Morrow have been far from reliable whether due to injuries or ineffectiveness. I think theres a decent shot here.
                      I agree.
                      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                      - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                        I know figuring this out is like holding sand in your hands but what are the chances Cishek can hold the job for the rest of the season? Strop and Morrow have been far from reliable whether due to injuries or ineffectiveness. I think there's a decent shot here.
                        You never know what Maddon's preference will be, but i'm holding onto Strop in the expectation that he gets the job back when healthy. Strop had a 2.53 era and 0.75 whip with a decent K rate before the game where the injury occurred. So, i'm thinking Strop gets the job back when healthy. I also think that a healthy Morrow will need to be eased back by pitching in low leverage situations after his elbow surgery and won't close until next season. I expect Cishek to go back to a setup and fill-in closer role when Strop returns. Of course, if the Cubs sign Kimbrel, then all bets are off.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                          You never know what Maddon's preference will be, but i'm holding onto Strop in the expectation that he gets the job back when healthy. Strop had a 2.53 era and 0.75 whip with a decent K rate before the game where the injury occurred. So, i'm thinking Strop gets the job back when healthy. I also think that a healthy Morrow will need to be eased back by pitching in low leverage situations after his elbow surgery and won't close until next season. I expect Cishek to go back to a setup and fill-in closer role when Strop returns. Of course, if the Cubs sign Kimbrel, then all bets are off.
                          Right but Strop has already had the hamstring flare up twice this season so it could be a lingering issue all season. I seriously doubt the Cubs will sign Kimbrel. They have never paid big bucks for a closer and aren't going to start now. They would rather trade away top prospects for a 2-month rental.
                          - Terence McKenna

Comment

• 7-out save by Cishek! I think he's the closer for the rest of the season unless he gets hurt or they trade for a stud. He has 129 career saves.
                            Last edited by DMT; 05-19-2019, 11:54 PM.
                            - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                              7-out save by Cishek! I think he's the closer for the rest of the season unless he gets hurt or they trade for a stud. He has 129 career saves.
                              Agreed, and not just because I own him in 2 leagues and desperately need that to happen!

Comment

• It is being reported on the Score radio station that the Cubs are talking to Toronto about Giles. There is some talk of Greene as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X